|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say the ego appears to the id?
(a) As an ingredient.
(b) As an obstacle.
(c) As a façade.
(d) As a story.
2. What does Freud say is the only branch of knowledge that can answer the question of the purpose of life?
3. What does Freud say we are typically quite sure of?
(a) The feeling of a personal god.
(b) The feeling of being lost in the world.
(c) The feeling of our own self.
(d) The sensation of falling out of the world into dreams.
4. What question does Freud say no one asks?
(a) Whether God's existence could be scientifically proven.
(b) What language life’s meaning would need to be expressed in.
(c) What the purpose of the lives of the animals is.
(d) What would happen if men could tell what the purpose of life is.
5. What does Freud say about the question of what meaning life has?
(a) That most answers are really a form of dodging the question.
(b) That it has never been satisfactorily answered.
(c) That few men have the education to understand the answer.
(d) That the answer is so simple it will never be believed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say this notion is in conflict with?
2. Where does Freud say the religious feeling comes from?
3. What does Freud say civilization could not survive without?
4. What does Freud say people wrongly think they want?
5. What does Freud say about his friend’s religious feeling?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)