|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the infant fail to understand about the milk it receives from the breast?
(a) Whether it was a punishment or a gift.
(b) Why the mother would want to offer it to the infant
(c) Whether it comes from within or from without.
(d) Whether it is renewable or finite.
2. What does Freud say men seek in their lives?
3. What does the conscience take the place of?
(a) The pleasure principle.
(b) External authority.
(c) The death instinct.
(d) The super-ego.
4. Which development does Freud say is without prototype?
(a) The ability to communicate.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) The construction of houses.
(d) The discovery of fire.
5. What does Freud say is the standard for sexual life in a civilization?
(a) It must be the same for all.
(b) It must be enforced public rules in private.
(c) It must acknowledge every variety.
(d) It must police arbitrary boundaries about sexual behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion is it that “draws up the programme of life’s purpose” in Freud's account?
2. Which relation does Freud NOT list as evidence of the relations whose regulation constitutes civilization?
3. What does Freud say he would have to do to fulfill this motto?
4. What does Freud say is the business of women?
5. What does Freud say was the first result of human culture?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)