|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What paternal quality does Freud attribute to God?
(a) The ability to provide for all of men’s needs.
(b) The ability to understand the needs of the sons of men.
(c) The ability to understand the needs of the sons of men.
(d) The ability to exceed all attempts at description.
2. What advantage does Freud say friendships have over genital love?
(a) They are not exclusive.
(b) They provide the basis for business ventures.
(c) They allow families to merge.
(d) They preserve the freedom of the parties.
3. What does Freud say breaks the boundary between id and ego?
(a) Being in love.
(b) Being sick.
(d) Religious experiences.
4. How does Freud characterize females in ‘ape-pre-history’?
(a) Life partners.
(b) Sexual objects.
5. Which of man’s conceptions does Freud say men embodied in gods?
(c) Cultural history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the artist’s joy in creating, relative to other pleasures?
2. What effect do violent men have on society?
3. What does Freud say is the limit of Eros?
4. What does Freud say we will never overcome?
5. What does Freud say is the first requirement of civilization?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)