|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say he can tell that the death instinct exists?
(a) He says that there is only a theoretical notion.
(b) He says that it can be interpolated from the Great War.
(c) He says that there is proof in non-sexual violence.
(d) He says that it is a background to Eros.
2. What does Freud say is the only acceptable goal of marriage?
3. What does Freud say the dangerous and hostile aspects of love are typically attributed to?
(a) Flaws in human nature.
(b) Neurotic self-destructiveness.
(c) Sublimation of the pleasure principle.
(d) A fundamental bipolarity in its nature.
4. What does Freud say men should make humble obeisance” to?
(a) The power of the Devil, or man’s innate destructiveness.
(b) The high-minded nature of man.
(c) The power of the state to regulate human affairs.
(d) The divine grace of God.
5. What does Freud say is the outcome of the struggle between libido and the interests of self-preservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud quote the poet Schiller as saying make the world go round?
2. What paternal quality does Freud attribute to God?
3. What does Freud say society’s principal endeavor is?
4. What does Freud say is the best way to escape from discomfort?
5. What does Freud say he seeks in scientific work?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)