|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say was the first result of human culture?
(a) More and more violent wars.
(b) Larger numbers of humans.
(c) Smaller communities.
(d) Less interdependence between groups.
2. What does Freud say is the only acceptable goal of marriage?
3. What is the ego instinct antithetical to, according to Freud?
(a) The pleasure principle.
(b) Libidinal instincts.
(c) The reality principle.
4. What does Freud say men seek in their lives?
5. What does Freud say he seeks in scientific work?
(a) Elaboration of the variations of possible truths.
(b) Simplification without ignoring facts.
(c) New ways of describing familiar facts.
(d) Fulfillment of ideas and hypotheses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assurance does Freud say men get from religion?
2. What notion is it that “draws up the programme of life’s purpose” in Freud's account?
3. What advantage does Freud say friendships have over genital love?
4. What is Freud surprised that people have overlooked in their ideas about human nature?
5. What does Freud say he will study in order to explore the question of how men find meaning in life?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)