|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Freud say are the parents of human cultures?
(a) Demeter and Zeus.
(b) Chronos and Uranus.
(c) Eros and Ananke.
(d) Pan and Hades.
2. What does Freud say about the question of what meaning life has?
(a) That few men have the education to understand the answer.
(b) That most answers are really a form of dodging the question.
(c) That it has never been satisfactorily answered.
(d) That the answer is so simple it will never be believed.
3. What does Freud say is the only acceptable goal of marriage?
4. What does Freud say about happiness as a goal for men’s lives?
(a) It involves men in numerous contradictions.
(b) It can be sought in innumerable ways.
(c) It can never be satisfied.
(d) It is a fleeting experience.
5. How does Freud characterize the aim of the modified sex instinct, in people who find happiness along the path of love?
(a) A manifest aim.
(b) A fulfilled aim.
(c) A transcendent aim.
(d) An inhibited aim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assurance does Freud say men get from religion?
2. How does Freud characterize females in ‘ape-pre-history’?
3. What does Freud say is the result of any cessation of the external violence?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the “palliative remedies” men seek out in order to assuage the difficulty of life?
5. Which of the following is NOT a place Freud says suffering comes from?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)