|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tale 3", what does Thomas tell Grant he used to try to build?
2. How does Jerome first turn down the chance to perform Juwain's surgery?
3. Why does Bruce want to create eyeglasses for Dogs?
4. What is Jerome doing in "Tale 2"?
5. In "Tale 3", what does Grant do when he realizes Nathaniel is talking to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Tale 2", what does the funeral make Jerome think about?
2. How do Dogs feel about traveling between planets?
3. In the Preface, what is described as the main idea of "City"?
4. In the Preface, how are the Dogs' tales shared?
5. How does Gramps react when he sees Ole drive up in his car in "Notes 1"?
6. In "Notes 1", what does Tigre think of the tales?
7. What happens when Johnny goes to the Bureau of human adjustment?
8. In the Preface, what purpose do the tales the Dogs share serve?
9. At the end of "Tale 3", what does Grant ask of Nathaniel?
10. What does Jerome assume about his agoraphobia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the author and explain the impact of the author's life on this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two settings in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of isolationism as it is presented in "City".
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)