|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advancements has Jerome helped the martians with?
2. In the Preface, what does the editor say has the biggest impact on humanity in the Cities?
3. What does the editor say the hardest part of reading the Tales is?
4. What is strange about the anthill that Dave tells Grant about?
5. In "Tale 1", what makes Gramps remember his friends that used to live in the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Notes 1", what does Tigre think of the tales?
2. How does Gramps help with a solution to all the empty houses?
3. In "Tale 2", what does the funeral make Jerome think about?
4. In the Preface, how are the Dogs' tales shared?
5. In the Preface, how do Dogs view man?
6. What does Bruce help the Dogs to do in "Tale 3"?
7. How does Gramps meet Henry Adams?
8. How does Jenkins help Jerome in "Tale 2"?
9. At the end of "Tale 3", what does Grant ask of Nathaniel?
10. In the Preface, what purpose do the tales the Dogs share serve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is role of robots in "City"?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use long descriptive passages in this novel? What makes these effective? What makes them ineffective? How do they relate to the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Research the author and explain the impact of the author's life on this novel.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)