|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerome feel about the decline of the city?
2. What does the editor say each Tale starts with?
3. After visiting the Space Field, what does Jerome think about living in isolation?
4. In "Tale 1", what has happened to the streets?
5. In the Preface, what does the editor say has no meaning in the Dogs' world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenkins help Jerome in "Tale 2"?
2. In the Preface, how do Dogs view man?
3. How do Dogs understand robots?
4. In "Tale 2", what does the funeral make Jerome think about?
5. In the Preface, how are the Dogs' tales shared?
6. How do Dogs feel about traveling between planets?
7. Who tries to help Juwain when he becomes ill?
8. What happens during the city council meeting in "Tale 1"?
9. What does Grant learn about mutants in "Tale 3"?
10. In "Notes 1", what do Gramps and Ole talk about when they discuss farming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Juwain's philosophy. What is the impact of this philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the effectiveness of using so many different narrators in one text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the opinions of the Dogs who make their remarks in the notes section. What does each Dog represent?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)