|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grant do before going to bed the night he meets the Websters?
2. In "Tale 3", who does Grant question about the people who live in the woods?
3. How is travel to Jupiter possible?
4. In "Tale 3", what power of the Dogs does Grant learn about?
5. In "Tale 3", why does the Webster family watch Thomas' health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of the Preface?
2. In the Preface, how are the Dogs' tales shared?
3. What warnings does the editor provide the reader with in the Preface?
4. What does Grant learn about mutants in "Tale 3"?
5. What happens during the city council meeting in "Tale 1"?
6. How does Jenkins help Jerome in "Tale 2"?
7. How does Gramps react when he sees Ole drive up in his car in "Notes 1"?
8. In "Notes 1", what does Tigre think of the tales?
9. What does Jerome assume about his agoraphobia?
10. How does Grant feel about talking to Dave Baxter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two settings in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of colors as a motif in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the effectiveness of using so many different narrators in one text.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)