|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tale 4", why do some people want to be converted to Lopers?
(a) To stay on Earth.
(b) To become smarter.
(c) To live on Jupiter.
(d) To compete with the Dogs.
2. Why does Ken Fowler decide to go to Jupiter himself?
(a) To find Allen.
(b) To avoid his problems on Earth.
(c) To see why people don't come back.
(d) To do work on the dome.
3. Who writes "The Myth of Man"?
4. How long does Tyler say it has been since there was a murder in the solar system?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 75 years.
(c) 125 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. In "Tale 7", who does Jenkins begin to tell about the Websters?
(a) A Dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A pack of birds.
(d) Another robot.
6. How does Jenkins call Tyler to let him know Joe is on the phone in "Tale 5"?
(a) He uses a cell phone.
(b) He yells.
(c) He uses mind-to-mind communication.
(d) He uses Tyler's visor.
7. In "Tale 5", why does Tyler want humans to remain human?
(a) To learn to work with Dogs.
(b) To protect his job.
(c) To save Earth.
(d) To fulfil their destiny.
8. What makes living on Jupiter difficult?
(a) The lack of technology.
(b) The amount of water.
(c) The size of the planet.
(d) The climate.
9. In "Tale 7", why does Joshua say they need to find other worlds to travel to?
(a) So Dogs can have their own planet.
(b) So they have a place to put animals.
(c) So progress doesn't stop.
(d) So humans can start to repopulate.
10. Why does Sara want to be put in suspended animation?
(a) To slow her aging process.
(b) To forget about a war.
(c) To get over an illness.
(d) To have good dreams.
11. In "Tale 4", what does Ken Fowler count?
(a) Money spent on travel to Jupiter.
(b) The amount of time it take to get to Jupiter.
(c) Men who have never returned from Jupiter.
(d) Dogs that want to travel to Jupiter.
12. What makes Jon reluctant to visit North America?
(a) Not knowing anyone.
(b) The rumors of violence.
(c) The amount of Dogs there.
(d) The distance.
13. What does Miss Stanley do for a living?
(a) Operates a converter.
(b) Does experiments on humans.
(c) Gives tours of Jupiter.
(d) Works for Ken Fowler.
14. In "Notes 4", what happens after the Dog is transformed?
(a) He can't speak.
(b) He resembles a man.
(c) He can speak.
(d) He is a mutant.
15. In "Tale 5", who claims to be in control of the mutant situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ken Fowler believe scientists have wrong for converting people to Lopers?
2. What does Ebenezer think about the development of Dog society?
3. In "Notes 5", why doesn't the Dog believe man could ever be so advanced?
4. What worries Ken Fowler about people living on Jupiter?
5. In "Tale 6", what desire is said to be strong in Dogs?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)