|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tale 6", what is Jenkins' new job?
(a) Helping raise puppies.
(b) Guiding Dogs.
(c) Cleaning floors.
(d) Jupiter expert.
2. In "Tale 5", what worries Ken about telling the human race what it is like to be a Loper?
(a) They will all want to convert.
(b) They won't understand.
(c) They will ignore him.
(d) They will think he's a liar.
3. How does Ebenezer heal Jon's warts?
(a) With a new medicine.
(b) With his tongue.
(c) With a prayer.
(d) With his mind.
4. In "Tale 4", why does Ken Fowler say he must continue his tests?
(a) Because it is his passion.
(b) Because he is paid to do the work.
(c) Because some men may come back.
(d) Because the Dogs will take over if he doesn't.
5. In "Tale 5", why does Ken want to return to the dome?
(a) To go back to work.
(b) To help other people.
(c) To explain life as a Loper to humans.
(d) To avoid being a Loper for life.
6. In "Tale 5", why does Ken not want to return to the dome?
(a) He hates his job.
(b) He wants people to stop using the converter.
(c) He doesn't want to become human again.
(d) He likes the fresh air better.
7. Why does Jon decide to visit North America?
(a) He is doing research.
(b) Jenkins invites him.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is lonely.
8. In "Tale 4", what does Ken Fowler count?
(a) Money spent on travel to Jupiter.
(b) Dogs that want to travel to Jupiter.
(c) Men who have never returned from Jupiter.
(d) The amount of time it take to get to Jupiter.
9. In "Tale 4", what happens to Ken Fowler's communication abilities as a Loper?
(a) He can speak with Dogs.
(b) He can talk with the dead.
(c) He can understand all languages.
(d) He can read minds.
10. How does Miss Stanley feel about Ken Fowler's tests in "Tale 4"?
(a) She is excited for them.
(b) She doesn't care about them.
(c) She is angry about them.
(d) She is nervous about them.
11. How is Juwain's philosophy broadcast to the world?
(a) The Dogs spread it.
(b) On television.
(c) Through a series of lectures.
(d) As a sign in the sky.
12. How long does Sara plan to be put in suspended animation?
(a) A few hundred years.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few years.
(d) A few months.
13. How does Jon find the hidden room in the vault on wheels?
(a) He never finds the room.
(b) Jenkins shows it to him.
(c) He wanders in there.
(d) He uses an old man.
14. What does Ken Fowler supervise?
(a) The rings of Jupiter.
(b) The Jupiter dome.
(c) Jupiter travel.
(d) Jupiter mutants.
15. Why does Ken Fowler decide to go to Jupiter himself?
(a) To see why people don't come back.
(b) To find Allen.
(c) To avoid his problems on Earth.
(d) To do work on the dome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter accidentally kill while testing his bow and arrow?
2. In "Tale 5", what advice does Trowser give Ken about using the converter?
3. Why does Jenkins say Jon's kid were left out of Geneva when it was encapsulated?
4. In "Tale 6", what paper is Jon working on?
5. In "Tale 4", how many men are converted to Lopers, but do not return?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)