|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benny not attend the funeral for Jack?
(a) she wants to visit Eve
(b) she doesn't want to see Mrs. Hegarty
(c) she says she didn't know Jack
(d) she has to go home on the bus
2. How does Mother Francis hope Eve is treated in Dublin?
(a) like the princess she is
(b) like an outsider
(c) like a scullary maid
(d) like she was in Knockglen
3. What exposes Benny's lack of sophistication when asked to join a Dutch party?
(a) she asks if it is in Amsterdam
(b) she asks if they have to wear clogs
(c) she asks why Dutch and not English
(d) she asks if it means going skating
4. What is Aidan's joke that does not amuse Eve?
(a) that they will have lots of grandshildren
(b) that she can't be seen when she walks with Benny
(c) that she is turning into another Nan
(d) that he met her in bed
5. What is Benny's dilemma at the hospital?
(a) whether to leave Eve or stay the night with her
(b) whether to talk or keep quiet
(c) whether to call home or wait until she arrives
(d) whether to call Mother Francis or Mother Clare
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
2. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
3. Why does Even not go to university with Benny?
4. What is Benny's father's business?
5. Why does Eve laugh when Benny tells her she is dieting?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)