|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to teach Benny better manners
(b) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(c) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(d) to make rosemary jealous
2. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a dance
(b) a birthday jparty
(c) a night time drive
(d) the movies again
3. What does Eve say any boy who loves her will have to endure?
(a) her curisoity
(b) her anxiety
(c) her hostility
(d) her poverty
4. Benny and Eve are going to Dublin to study, but where is Eve going instead of the university?
(a) a convent to study to be a secretary
(b) a convent to become a nun
(c) a convent to work for the Mother Superior
(d) a convent to teach small children
5. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
(b) that he hated his father
(c) that he spent time with his father
(d) that he worked for his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benny overhear in the ladies' room?
2. Why does Eve resent the Westward family who are her relatives?
3. What does Jack say that surprises Benny when he invites her to lunch the day after the dance?
4. What does Nan tell her father she was afraid of his doing if he came to the hospital?
5. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)