|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Mr. Jeh's nephew work?
2. Booger invites Casey to _______________.
3. Where does Paw Paw's Chinese club meet?
4. What makes Casey complete in Chapter Four?
5. Why does the attendant charge Casey higher than the advertised amount?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barney confess to in this section?
2. How do Paw Paw and Casey keep warm at the beginning of this section?
3. What does Casey plan for Barney when he gets back?
4. What problems does Casey have in buying the buns?
5. How does Casey anger Paw Paw in this section?
6. In what way are Booger and Casey different?
7. What does Paw Paw give Casey in exchange for the wonderful duck dinner?
8. What does Casey dream about in this section?
9. What do Casey and Booger asmit to each other about their names?
10. How does Paw Paw break her leg in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the younger generation in Chinatown and the older generation? How does the author express these differences? What effect do these differences have on the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Casey grow as a person through her relationship with Paw Paw? What does Paw Paw give Casey that Barney could never give her? What kind of person do you think Casey would have become if she had stayed with Barney?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)