|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phil say he should sue Booger's family?
2. Who also arrives to stake out Gilbert?
3. Where do Booger and Casey go to watch Gilbert?
4. For whom does Mr. Jeh's nephew work?
5. What makes Casey complete in Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Booger and Casey do together in this section?
2. How is Casey's life changing for the better?
3. What do Casey and Booger asmit to each other about their names?
4. How does Casey go against Paw Paw's wishes in this section?
5. What are Mr. Jeh's thoughts about the burglary?
6. How does Paw Paw break her leg in this section?
7. What problems does Casey have at the deli?
8. What problems does Casey have in buying the buns?
9. How does Barney appear to feel about hurting Paw Paw?
10. How does Mr. Jeh persuade Mr. Fong the pawnbroker to tell them about anyone trying to sell him or one of his associates the owl necklace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important for Casey to understand her Chinese heritage? What does she learn from living in Chinatown?
Essay Topic 2
What are the negatives and positives of Chinese culture? How does the author express the negative and positives in the book? How does the life the people live in Chinatown conflict with American white culture?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the Chinese characters in the book think of American culture? How do they express their thoughts? How have the Chinese integrated into American culture since the writing of the book in the sixties?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)