|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After whom is Casey named?
2. From where do Casey, Booger, and Mr. Jeh watch the pool hall?
3. How has Paw Paw instructed Casey to wash the rice?
4. Which of the following ingredients do the buns have inside of them?
5. Whom does Casey long for at the beginning of Chapter Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paw Paw break her leg in this section?
2. In what way are Booger and Casey different?
3. What problems does Casey have in buying the buns?
4. What do the postcards say about the change in Casey relationship with her father?
5. Why is Barney annoyed that Casey contacted Sheridan?
6. What does Casey realize about Barney in this section?
7. What does Barney confess to in this section?
8. How do Paw Paw and Casey keep warm at the beginning of this section?
9. What does Paw Paw give Casey in exchange for the wonderful duck dinner?
10. What does Casey plan for Barney when he gets back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Phil seem so scared of his Chinese heritage? How does he try to hide his Chinese heritage from other people? How do you think his attitude will affect both him and his young family in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it so difficult for Casey to leave her father? What kind of relationship do they have? How is the relationship effecting both?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)