|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booger like doing for exercise?
2. Who attacked Paw Paw?
3. For whom does Mr. Jeh's nephew work?
4. What was happening in China in 1949?
5. What does Paw Paw tell Casey she is too young to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Jeh's thoughts about the burglary?
2. In what way does Phil make a negative impression when he arrives at paw Paw's house?
3. How do Casey, Booger and Mr. Jeh finally get the information they need from Gilbert?
4. What does Casey dream about in this section?
5. How does Casey anger Paw Paw in this section?
6. What do Casey and Booger asmit to each other about their names?
7. What does Casey realize about Barney in this section?
8. What does Barney confess to in this section?
9. What do Booger and Casey do together in this section?
10. Why is Barney annoyed that Casey contacted Sheridan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the Chinatown in San Francisco compares to the real China? What are the problems and benefits of having such communities?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it important for Casey to understand her Chinese heritage? What does she learn from living in Chinatown?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)