|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pamela's nickname?
2. According to Phil, who said that young minds should not be exposed to films like Dracula?
3. How has Morey distracted the nurse at the desk?
4. The man who watched Dracula with the narrator said Bela Lugosi reminded him of ______________.
5. What is stamped on the plastic front of Barney's lucky charm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barney's current situation so dire?
2. What does the owl story symbolize within context to the entire story?
3. What has Phil done to ensure his family blends in with the white families?
4. Describe the park Paw-Paw takes Casey to.
5. How does Paw Paw comfort Casey in this section?
6. Why does Casey feel such a strong bond with Paw Paw?
7. Why does Casey hate her new school?
8. How does the spell effect the Walker family?
9. How does Jasmine live the rest of her life?
10. What is Casey's life like with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme: setting, point of view, structure, or language.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns? How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it important for Casey to understand her Chinese heritage? What does she learn from living in Chinatown?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)