|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening in China in 1949?
(a) A depression.
(b) A war.
(c) A revolution.
(d) A famine.
2. How does Casey annoy Barney in this section?
(a) She tells him she never wants to live with him again.
(b) She tells him she has been in touch with Sheridan.
(c) She tells him he will never get over his addictions.
(d) She tells him she hates being Chinese.
3. What is the name of Gilbert's father?
4. What does the cook say Casey has to do before she sells her the buns?
(a) Buy a drink.
(b) Ask her in Chinese.
(c) State her allegence to China.
(d) Buy more food.
5. What does Gilbert say he is at the apartment to do?
(a) Ask Barney for money for the bookies.
(b) Buy back the necklace.
(c) Sell the necklace.
(d) Arrest Barney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who possessed Mr. Jeh's body for a time?
2. What does Mr. Jeh do with the money his nephew gives to him?
3. What does Casey plan on doing with the letters that she has sent to her father, but that have been sent back?
4. What kind of book does Booger check out at the library?
5. How does Casey anger Paw Paw in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey dream about in this section?
2. How is Casey's life changing for the better?
3. How does Barney appear to feel about hurting Paw Paw?
4. What do Booger and Casey do together in this section?
5. In what way does Phil make a negative impression when he arrives at paw Paw's house?
6. What does Casey plan for Barney when he gets back?
7. Why is Barney annoyed that Casey contacted Sheridan?
8. How do Casey, Booger and Mr. Jeh finally get the information they need from Gilbert?
9. What does Barney confess to in this section?
10. In what way are Booger and Casey different?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)