|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Barney work as a fry cook?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
2. How does the middle brother of the Walker family die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He overdoses on opium.
(c) He walks in front of a train.
(d) He boils himself to death.
3. What do Peony and her brothers capture from the middle brother?
(a) His sight.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His soul.
(d) His brain.
4. The narrator says that Phil sounds like _____________.
(a) A sugardaddy.
(b) A complete book.
(c) A crawdaddy.
(d) A real pill.
5. Where does Barney say his luck is?
(a) In the bookies.
(b) In his pants.
(c) Behind his ear.
(d) Under his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways Barney has always promised the narrator he would make money?
2. What kind of keys does the narrator say Phil has on his key ring?
3. What kind of movie does Paw-Paw take Casey to see?
4. What does Paw Paw wear around her neck?
5. How does the narrator say Phil sees the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jeh tell Casey about his soul?
2. What agreement do Casey and Paw Paw come to?
3. Why doesn't Casey like Phil?
4. What does Casey learn from the Kung-Fu movie?
5. How does Booger bully Casey?
6. How do Jasmine and Peony help the Walker family?
7. Why does Barney say Casey can't move back with him just yet?
8. How does the spell effect the Walker family?
9. How does Jasmine live the rest of her life?
10. What is Casey's life like with her father?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)