|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to make Ethel feel better?
(a) Puts on one of Pam Pam's old dresses.
(b) Helps Pam Pam with her homework.
(c) Does the washing up.
(d) Puts her hair into ponytails.
2. The narrator says the only person she is mad at is _________________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) The person who beat up Barney.
(c) The person who persuaded Barney to go out that night.
(d) Her mother.
3. Which of the following comics does Casey pick from the newspaper stand?
4. What does Casey's teacher tell her after she slaps her with a ruler?
(a) You white child, not Chinese.
(b) You too dumb, you copy book.
(c) You smell too bad for classroom.
(d) You common fool.
5. Why does Phil say he hasn't bought a parking ticket?
(a) He owns the area.
(b) He doesn't have the money.
(c) The traffic cop knows him.
(d) He likes to live dangerously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways Barney has always promised the narrator he would make money?
2. What does Barney have up his nose at the beginning of this section?
3. The narrator says Annette is studying to be ______________.
4. What did Barney work as in Fresno?
5. What is the name of the family that moves into the forest with the owls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the younger Walker try to save his parents from starvation?
2. How do the Walkers help Peony, Jasmine, and their mother?
3. Why is Barney's current situation so dire?
4. How does Booger bully Casey?
5. Why do Jasmine and Peony cast a spell on the younger Walker brother?
6. Why does Barney say Casey can't move back with him just yet?
7. Describe the park Paw-Paw takes Casey to.
8. What agreement do Casey and Paw Paw come to?
9. What problems does Casey initially have at her new school?
10. What does Mr. Jeh do with the money Gilbert gives him?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)