|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paw Paw say all the girls in the family are destined to be lonely?
(a) They are all funny, plasticine people.
(b) They are all unattractive.
(c) They are all wise for their age.
(d) They are all children of the owl.
2. What does the narrator say the back of Annette's head looks like when she first sees her?
(a) Like a spider's web.
(b) Like a hedgehog being humped.
(c) Like a holly bush.
(d) Like a grassy knoll.
3. What kind of suit has Morey worn to the hospital?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) A double breast suit.
(c) A single breast suit.
(d) An Italian suit.
4. What does the youngest Walker feed his parents when they start to die?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Mud and leaves.
(c) His own skin.
5. The narrator tells the nurse she confused the hospital ward for ______________.
(a) A greyhound terminal.
(b) An airport.
(c) A taxi rank.
(d) A cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barney work as in Redding?
2. What was the name of the narrator's mother?
3. The narrator says that Phil sounds like _____________.
4. The narrator says the only person she is mad at is _________________.
5. What is the narrator's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jeh tell Casey about his soul?
2. What does Sheridan tell Casey about Barney?
3. How does Paw Paw hope her friend can help Casey?
4. What agreement do Casey and Paw Paw come to?
5. How does the spell effect the Walker family?
6. What is Casey's life like with her father?
7. Why does Casey hate her new school?
8. Why is Barney's current situation so dire?
9. How does Booger bully Casey?
10. How does the younger Walker try to save his parents from starvation?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)