|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of San Francisco does Phil live?
(c) St. Francis Woods.
(d) Cathedral Hill.
2. Where did Barney work as a fry cook?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
3. Why does Barney say Casey has to stay in Chinatown?
(a) He needs space to find a job.
(b) He is going on the run.
(c) He is going to jail.
(d) He has men after him.
4. What does Barney have up his nose at the beginning of this section?
(a) Cotton wool.
5. What does the youngest Walker feed his parents when they start to die?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Mud and leaves.
(d) His own skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. All the furniture looks like its been ordered out of _____________.
2. What does the narrator say is the only difference between Phil's furniture and the furniture she used at Barney's?
3. Why doesn't Barney want to keep his luck in the hospital?
4. Whom does Jasmine marry?
5. What does Phil call Casey's comics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Jeh survive when he first moved to San Francisco?
2. Why does Barney say Casey can't move back with him just yet?
3. What problems does Casey initially have at her new school?
4. What does Casey realize about herself as Phil drives her through Chinatown?
5. Why does Casey hate her new school?
6. What does Casey learn from the Kung-Fu movie?
7. How does the spell effect the Walker family?
8. How do Jasmine and Peony help the Walker family?
9. Why do Jasmine and Peony cast a spell on the younger Walker brother?
10. How does Booger bully Casey?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)