|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Booger want to change her name to?
2. Where do the makeshift detectives follow Gilbert to after he makes his call?
(a) A bookies.
(b) An empty warehouse.
(c) A poppy field.
(d) A rundown apartment building.
3. After whom is Casey named?
(b) Casey Yardley.
(c) Casey Jones.
(d) Casey Stengel.
4. What was happening in China in 1949?
(a) A famine.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A war.
(d) A depression.
5. Where did Mr. Jeh live so he didn't have to live off his family's money?
(a) A church.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A hostel.
6. What kind of book does Booger check out at the library?
(a) A book on armed combat.
(b) A book on Florida birds.
(c) A book on spying on people.
(d) On book of world records.
7. Why does Sheridan say no one would hire Barney?
(a) He had a bad sense of humor.
(b) He was Chinese.
(c) He was always causing trouble.
(d) He lived in a bad part of town.
8. What does Paw Paw teach Casey to use in this section?
(a) An abacus.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A Chinese pen.
9. What kind of car pulls up as Mr. Jeh is talking?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A minivan.
(d) A Vector.
10. Why does Mr. Jeh think Paw Paw won't report the attack to the police?
(a) She thinks she can blackmail the burglar.
(b) She wants to get her own back.
(c) She saw the attacker's face.
(d) She doesn't want the trouble.
11. What does the cook say Casey has to do before she sells her the buns?
(a) Ask her in Chinese.
(b) State her allegence to China.
(c) Buy a drink.
(d) Buy more food.
12. What does Casey say she will do if Booger comments about the way she is dressed?
(a) Rip her dress off of her.
(b) Wrap a baton around her neck.
(c) Hang from her hair.
(d) Shove her shoe down her throat.
13. Whom does Casey think the young man with greased hair looks like?
(a) Tony Curtis.
(b) Marlon Brando.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Kirk Douglas.
14. What does Paw Paw say she will have to do so she and Casey can afford duck?
(a) Sell more chocolate.
(b) Win the lottery.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Sew extra shirts.
15. Why does Casey think Barney has sent Paw Paw five dollars?
(a) To apologize for being away for so long.
(b) To pay for her upkeep.
(c) To pay for Casey's ticket home.
(d) To pay for the collect call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man who greets the old people as he walks past?
2. What is the name of Gilbert's father?
3. Mr. Jeh accuses Gilbert of ________________.
4. Why does Booger think she can never be a model?
5. Who attacked Paw Paw?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)