|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bookie Barney had to pay off?
(a) Simple Pete.
(b) Big Mike.
(c) Little Tony.
(d) Strong Davis.
2. How has Morey distracted the nurse at the desk?
(a) He is showing her his war injuries.
(b) He is talking to her.
(c) He is begging her to see his daughter.
(d) He is pretending to be a dancer.
3. What does Barney say his daughter is like?
(a) An act of love.
(b) An act of evil.
(c) An act of mercy.
(d) An act of God.
4. What do the owls do so they can better mock the Walkers?
(a) They learn how to open doors.
(b) They turn into human form.
(c) They learn how to speak.
(d) They turn into human pets.
5. What are Barney's hands usually doing?
(a) Drumming out a tune.
(b) Picking at dirt.
(c) Counting money.
(d) Going through his hair.
6. What is stamped on the plastic front of Barney's lucky charm?
(a) Happy God.
(b) Those who believe.
(c) Lady Luck.
(d) Be your own savior.
7. What do the other girls nickname Casey?
8. In what part of San Francisco does Phil live?
(a) Cathedral Hill.
(b) St. Francis Woods.
9. What are the names of the two owls in Paw Paw's story?
(a) Peony and Jasmine.
(b) Peter and Paul.
(c) Tom and Harry.
(d) Lauren and Janet.
10. What does Barney say the narrator is instead of a child?
(a) A young adult.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A midget.
(d) An alien.
11. Whom does Barney tell Casey about as they walk through the flower garden?
(a) Her mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) His grandfather.
12. What kind of suit has Morey worn to the hospital?
(a) A double breast suit.
(b) A single breast suit.
(c) An Italian suit.
(d) A zoot suit.
13. What kind of movie does Paw-Paw take Casey to see?
(a) A horror movie.
(b) A Kung-Fu movie.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A romance.
14. What does the movie make Casey realize about Chinese people?
(a) They always look after their own.
(b) They have a great sense of right.
(c) They are capable of great spirituality.
(d) They are capable of great emotion.
15. To what material does the narrator compare Morey's skin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Peony and Jasmine get back at the youngest Walker for shooting their mother?
2. How is the narrator helping out Moe?
3. The narrator says Annette is studying to be ______________.
4. Why does Paw Paw say all the girls in the family are destined to be lonely?
5. What does Pam Pam call everything she doesn't understand?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)