|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the look Barney gives the nurse?
(a) A golden sunshine look.
(b) A silver platter look.
(c) A butter wouldn't melt look.
(d) A twenty carat look.
2. What does the narrator say she could do for Barney if she stayed in Stockton?
(a) Place bets for him.
(b) Read him stories.
(c) Bring him candy and racing forms.
(d) Sell his things.
3. What does the youngest Walker feed his parents when they start to die?
(a) His own skin.
(b) Mud and leaves.
(d) Tree bark.
4. Which of the following comics does Casey pick from the newspaper stand?
5. What does Paw Paw wear around her neck?
(a) A lucklet.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A charm.
(d) A hex.
6. What did Barney work as in Fresno?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A dishwasher.
(c) A bell boy.
(d) A usher.
7. What does the narrator do to make Ethel feel better?
(a) Does the washing up.
(b) Puts on one of Pam Pam's old dresses.
(c) Puts her hair into ponytails.
(d) Helps Pam Pam with her homework.
8. What do the other girls nickname Casey?
9. What are Barney's hands usually doing?
(a) Going through his hair.
(b) Counting money.
(c) Drumming out a tune.
(d) Picking at dirt.
10. What does Phil do for a job?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An accountant.
11. In what part of San Francisco does Phil live?
(a) Cathedral Hill.
(d) St. Francis Woods.
12. What does the newspaper owner wear on his head?
(a) A bowler hat.
(b) A stetson.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A straw hat.
13. What does Barney have up his nose at the beginning of this section?
(d) Cotton wool.
14. Whom do the owl children try to eat when their food runs out?
(a) The Walker girl.
(b) The Walker boy.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their father.
15. How is the narrator helping out Moe?
(a) Writing songs.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Tidying her house.
(d) Sweeping floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paw Paw say all the girls in the family are destined to be lonely?
2. Whom did Paw take to the cinema years before?
3. What does the narrator say she thought would be bothering Barney?
4. What is Pamela's nickname?
5. To what material does the narrator compare Morey's skin?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)