|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells the nurse she confused the hospital ward for ______________.
(a) A cemetery.
(b) An airport.
(c) A taxi rank.
(d) A greyhound terminal.
2. What word does the narrator use to describe the inside of Phil's house?
3. Whom does Barney tell Casey about as they walk through the flower garden?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Why doesn't Barney want to keep his luck in the hospital?
(a) It will lose its charm.
(b) It will get angry.
(c) It will see bad things.
(d) It will get cold.
5. What does Phil do for a job?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A bookie.
6. What are mobile junk heaps?
(d) Homeless people.
7. What does Pam Pam call everything she doesn't understand?
8. In what part of San Francisco does Phil live?
(c) Cathedral Hill.
(d) St. Francis Woods.
9. How do the owls help the youngest Walker to hunt?
(a) They make sure he never gets lost.
(b) They carry game to him.
(c) They scare animals into his path.
(d) They keep him in good humor.
10. Who sacrifices herself to save Peony?
11. How does Barney say they would have traveled to San Francisco?
(a) In a limo.
(b) In a greyhound bus.
(c) In a train.
(d) On motorcycle.
12. How does the narrator describe the look Barney gives the nurse?
(a) A golden sunshine look.
(b) A twenty carat look.
(c) A silver platter look.
(d) A butter wouldn't melt look.
13. What does Phil call Casey's behavior in this section?
14. What does Barney say the narrator's sweat shirt makes her look like?
(a) A koala.
(b) A panda.
(c) A kangaroo.
(d) A polar bear.
15. What kind of suit has Morey worn to the hospital?
(a) An Italian suit.
(b) A single breast suit.
(c) A double breast suit.
(d) A zoot suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney say his daughter is like?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. Why does Barney say Casey has to stay in Chinatown?
4. What does Paw Paw wear around her neck?
5. What does the narrator say the back of Annette's head looks like when she first sees her?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)