|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's name?
2. Whom do the owl children try to eat when their food runs out?
(a) The Walker girl.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
(d) The Walker boy.
3. What language do the students in Casey's new school mostly speak?
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the inside of Phil's house?
5. What does Barney have up his nose at the beginning of this section?
(b) Cotton wool.
6. How does the narrator get Phil's attention?
(a) Kicks him in the shin.
(b) Hits him with her bag.
(c) Lifts her skirt.
(d) Screams in his face.
7. What kind of movie does Paw-Paw take Casey to see?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A horror movie.
(c) A Kung-Fu movie.
(d) A romance.
8. What was the name of the narrator's mother?
9. What are mobile junk heaps?
(d) Homeless people.
10. The narrator tells the nurse she confused the hospital ward for ______________.
(a) An airport.
(b) A taxi rank.
(c) A greyhound terminal.
(d) A cemetery.
11. What are the names of the two owls in Paw Paw's story?
(a) Peony and Jasmine.
(b) Lauren and Janet.
(c) Peter and Paul.
(d) Tom and Harry.
12. What is the name of the family that moves into the forest with the owls?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Walkers.
(c) The Petersons.
(d) The Lucksons.
13. What do Peony and her brothers capture from the middle brother?
(a) His soul.
(b) His brain.
(c) His sight.
(d) His feelings.
14. What good news does Casey receive from Barney?
(a) He has found a proper job.
(b) He has found a new wife.
(c) He has won a large amount of money.
(d) He has been released from hospital.
15. What does the youngest Walker steal from the owls knowing they need it to turn back to their original forms?
(a) A feather shoe.
(b) A feather coat.
(c) A beak necklace.
(d) A talon ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barney work as in Fresno?
2. What does Barney say the narrator is instead of a child?
3. What does Pam Pam call everything she doesn't understand?
4. What does Barney say his daughter is like?
5. What kind of establishment was Barney leaving when the men gave him a beating?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)