1. What does Barney have up his nose at the beginning of this section?
(d) Cotton wool.
2. What are Barney's hands usually doing?
(a) Going through his hair.
(b) Counting money.
(c) Drumming out a tune.
(d) Picking at dirt.
3. What does Barney say the narrator's sweat shirt makes her look like?
(a) A kangaroo.
(b) A polar bear.
(c) A koala.
(d) A panda.
4. What did Morey draw for the narrator to help her sneak into the hospital?
(a) A map.
(b) A Chinese symbol.
(c) A pass.
(d) A certificate.
5. How has Morey distracted the nurse at the desk?
(a) He is talking to her.
(b) He is showing her his war injuries.
(c) He is pretending to be a dancer.
(d) He is begging her to see his daughter.
6. What does the narrator say she thought would be bothering Barney?
(a) His cracked filling.
(b) His stuffed nose.
(c) His athlete's foot.
(d) His sweet tooth.
This section contains 4,028 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)