|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the girl at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited suggest the boss chose to leave Lilly's site up even though she had stopped paying?
(a) She is a personal friend of his.
(b) He gave her an extension on the bill.
(c) He hopes she will begin paying again.
(d) Her picture keeps clients coming back.
2. What nickname does Nicole use for Pierce?
3. Why does the private detective Mrs. Quinlan hired tell Pierce he agreed to meet him in Chapter 18?
(a) To help Mrs. Quinlan.
(b) To give him all he had on the investigation.
(c) To inform the police of his interference in the case.
(d) To warn him to back off.
4. For what was Pierce arrested as a college student at Stanford?
(a) Soliciting a prostitute.
(c) Impersonating an officer.
5. What is Arbadac Arba?
(a) Pierce's password for his work computer.
(b) The street Lilly lived on.
(c) Abra Cadabra written backwards, the password from Entrepreneurial Concepts.
(d) Pierce's nickname for Nicole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view utilized in the novel Chasing the Dime?
2. What does Pierce think is wrong with the bed in Lilly's bedroom in the Venice house?
3. What is Pierce willing to offer to an investor in exchange for the money he needs to continue his research?
4. What is Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited?
5. What is the name of the competing technology firm that Nicole was last collecting information about before she left Pierce's company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Robin call and leave a message for Pierce in Chapter 16? What does she reveal to Pierce about herself during a subsequent phone call?
2. Why does Pierce call Nicole and ask her to look up Robin's number on the LA Darlings website in Chapter 20?
3. Why does Pierce lie about how he found Lilly's work apartment?
4. Why does Pierce ask Monica not to speak about him to other people?
5. Who is Monica Purl? Why is she at Pierce's apartment in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Pierce think of rock stars, especially Jimi Hendrix, as he lies injured in his bedroom at the end of Chapter 20?
7. Why does Pierce promise Philip Glass he will back off his investigation into Lilly Quinlan's disappearance?
8. What does Pierce learn is the name of the man who runs Entrepreneurial Concepts? Why does Pierce threaten to sue this man?
9. Why does Pierce go to All American Mail in Chapter 7? Why does he lie about wanting a mail box there?
10. Why does Pierce call back one of Lilly's callers and ask for the name of the website where her web page appears?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)