|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Clyde Vernon?
(a) Pierce's lab manager.
(b) Pierce's personal assistant.
(c) Pierce's business partner.
(d) Pierce's head of security.
2. Posters of what Dr. Seuss book decorate the walls of the lab at Pierce's company?
(a) Horton Hears a Who.
(b) Hop on Pop.
(c) The Cat in the Hat.
(d) Green Eggs and Ham.
3. What does Wentz tell Pierce in Chapter 19 that he wants from him?
(a) To stop investigating Lilly's disappearance.
(b) To not sue him for putting his number on Lilly's webpage.
(c) To stop calling Nicole after midnight.
(d) To stay away from Cody Zeller.
4. Whose idea was it to place items in the rooms of Pierce's workplace on voice command to impress visitors?
(a) Charlie Condon.
5. Who does Pierce ask Monica to call in Chapter 7 and pretend to be Lilly Quinlan?
(a) Billy at Entrepreneural Concepts.
(b) Charlie at Amedeo.
(c) Cody in Malibu.
(d) Curt at All American Mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pierce tell Robin in Chapter 13 his sister's body lay in the open before someone called the police?
2. Who is Curt?
3. What does Monica call Pierce when she is unhappy with an assignment he gives her?
4. What does Pierce find behind a door marked private in the offices of Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited?
5. For what was Pierce arrested as a college student at Stanford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pierce lie about how he found Lilly's work apartment?
2. Why does Pierce call Lilly's mother in Chapter 9? What does he learn from this conversation?
3. How does Pierce end up hanging upside down outside his apartment balcony in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Pierce call back one of Lilly's callers and ask for the name of the website where her web page appears?
5. How does a company like Amedeo Technologies pay its bills and pay for the research they do?
6. Why is Pierce living in a new apartment? What happened to his previous home?
7. Why does Pierce think of rock stars, especially Jimi Hendrix, as he lies injured in his bedroom at the end of Chapter 20?
8. What does Pierce find when he lets himself into Lilly's house on Altair Place in Venice? What does he not find that he feels is surprising?
9. Why does Pierce go to visit his college friend, Cody Zeller? What does he want Cody to do for him?
10. How does Pierce convince Robin in Chapter 12 to take him to the apartment where Lilly worked with clients?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)