|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monica question about the building in which Pierce lives?
(a) Its ability to withstand an earthquake.
(b) Its decor.
(c) Its location.
(d) Its security.
2. What does Pierce touch in the bathroom of Lilly's Venice house?
(a) A bottle of perfume.
(b) A razor blade.
(c) A bowl of scented soaps.
(d) The counter.
3. What company symbols does Cody collect?
(a) Companies with cool symbols.
(b) Companies he wants to work for.
(c) Companies whose computer security he has not been able to breach.
(d) Companies whose computer security he has breached.
4. What does Pierce witness being taken from Lilly's work apartment in Chapter 16?
(a) A peice of flooring.
(b) The bed.
(c) Her body.
(d) The mattress.
5. Why does the girl at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited suggest the boss chose to leave Lilly's site up even though she had stopped paying?
(a) He gave her an extension on the bill.
(b) He hopes she will begin paying again.
(c) Her picture keeps clients coming back.
(d) She is a personal friend of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Doomsters?
2. Where does Robin say she first met Lilly Quinlan?
3. For what was Pierce arrested as a college student at Stanford?
4. On what day did Nicole tell Pierce their relationship was over?
5. Why are there two bedrooms in Robin's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Robin call and leave a message for Pierce in Chapter 16? What does she reveal to Pierce about herself during a subsequent phone call?
2. Why does Pierce promise Philip Glass he will back off his investigation into Lilly Quinlan's disappearance?
3. Why does Pierce call the police at the end of Chapter 13? What is the result of this phone call?
4. Why does Pierce ask Monica not to speak about him to other people?
5. In a dream, Pierce finds himself in a crack house looking for someone. What does this dream tell the reader about Pierce?
6. What is a patent package? What does Pierce plan to do with it?
7. Why does Pierce go to visit his college friend, Cody Zeller? What does he want Cody to do for him?
8. Who is the first person to call Henry Pierce's phone after he first hooks it up? What does this say about the person who previously owned the phone?
9. Why does Pierce think of rock stars, especially Jimi Hendrix, as he lies injured in his bedroom at the end of Chapter 20?
10. Who is in Lilly's apartment when Pierce arrives? What is he packing up? Why?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)