|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to food, what other items did Thomas Jones bring to John Wilkes Booth and David Herold in their forest hiding place, much to John Wilkes Booth's delight?
2. What weapon did John Wilkes Booth ultimately use to kill Abraham Lincoln?
(a) A Smith and Wesson .45.
(b) A Colt .45.
(c) A musket.
(d) A .44 Deringer.
3. What color uniforms did Northern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
4. What distinctive marking did John Wilkes Booth's horse have on her body?
(a) A white diamond on her flank.
(b) A white star on her forehead.
(c) A black star on her forehead.
(d) A white circle on her nose.
5. Who came to Mary Surratt's door at the precise moment her boarding house was being searched by soldiers?
(a) William Seward.
(b) Lewis Powell.
(c) David Herold.
(d) George Atzerodt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many casualties did the Civil War result in?
2. What wound did Lewis Powell successfully inflict upon William Seward, though he did not succeed in killing him?
3. Before he fled to Europe to escape capture, where did John Surratt go to hide when he learned of Abraham Lincoln's assassination?
4. What color uniforms did Southern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
5. How did John Wilkes Booth describe his own hands with his last words?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)