|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color uniforms did Northern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
2. When Thomas Jones brought newspapers to the assassins' hideout in the forest, what about the newspapers' reports on his shooting of Abraham Lincoln surprised John Wilkes Booth?
(a) The newspapers had printed the article about the assassination plot that he had sent to them.
(b) They were outdated by more than a week, so they did not mention the assassination at all.
(c) They condemned the assassination.
(d) They celebrated the assassination.
3. What is the name of the river that Thomas Jones was tasked with getting John Wilkes Booth and David Herold safely across?
(a) The Potomac River.
(b) The Snake River.
(c) The Copper River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
4. Who came to Mary Surratt's door at the precise moment her boarding house was being searched by soldiers?
(a) Lewis Powell.
(b) George Atzerodt.
(c) William Seward.
(d) David Herold.
5. What words did one audience member report hearing John Wilkes Booth speak as he ran from the stage toward the wings?
(a) "I have done it."
(b) "I will be famous."
(c) "He is dead."
(d) "At last, freedom."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take John Wilkes Booth to travel from Washington to Port Conway?
2. How far away from Washington D.C. were Mary Surratt's tavern and boardinghouse?
3. Who confronted Lewis Powell at the top of the stairs on the second floor of William Seward's house?
4. What injury did John Wilkes Booth sustain in his leap from the Presidential box to the theater stage?
5. Where was Abraham Lincoln taken after he was moved from Ford's Theater?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)