|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Captain Samuel Cox feel when he suspected his summons might be connected to the assassination plots?
2. Who was sent to fetch Thomas Jones in hopes that he would help John Wilkes Booth and David Herold in their next escape step?
(a) Captain Samuel Cox's uncle.
(b) Captain Samuel Cox's wife.
(c) Captain Samuel Cox's sister.
(d) Captain Samuel Cox's son.
3. When Secretary of War Edwin Stanton realized that he could not continue with the manhunt for the assassins since he had so many other duties to take care of, to whom does he delegate the manhunt responsibility?
(a) Lieutenant Lafayette Baker.
(b) Lewis Powell.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) John Surratt.
4. What piece of medical equipment did Dr. Charles Leale send a hospital steward to retrieve so that he could work on Lincoln's brain in hopes of saving him?
(a) A tracheotomy tube.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A Nelaton probe.
(d) A cauterizing gun.
5. What did George Atzerodt do just before he decided to abandon his plan to kill Vice President Andrew Johnson?
(a) He knocked on Andrew Johnson's door.
(b) He threw his revolver out of the hotel window.
(c) He drank in the hotel lobby.
(d) He left a note on Andrew Johnson's door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a telegram to Major General Dix, sending the news that Abraham Lincoln had died?
2. How long would it have taken John Wilkes Booth to reload if he had missed the fatal shot to Lincoln's head?
3. After the Petersen boarding house was deemed the temporary War Department headquarters, to whom was the first telegram out of the office addressed?
4. Who accompanied Reverend Gurley when it was time to tell Mary Todd Lincoln that her husband Abraham Lincoln had died?
5. Before he fled to Europe to escape capture, where did John Surratt go to hide when he learned of Abraham Lincoln's assassination?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)