|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only other person in William Seward's bedroom besides William Seward and Fanny Seward?
(a) Frederick Seward, who was helping Fanny to nurse their father William Seward.
(b) Sergeant Robinson, who was serving as a nurse to William Seward.
(c) Major Rathbone, who was guarding William Seward.
(d) Ashton Lovelier, William Seward's main doctor.
2. After John Wilkes Booth crossed the bridge, he turned to look for his co-conspirators. Whom did he see?
(a) David Herold and George Atzerodt.
(b) David Herold and Lewis Powell.
(c) Lewis Powell and George Atzerodt.
(d) No one.
3. What was the name of the fisherman who agreed to ferry John Wilkes Booth and David Herold across the Rappahannock River?
(a) Charlie Lucas.
(b) William Rollins.
(c) George Atzerodt.
(d) George Rollins.
4. What monument in Washington, D.C. had recently been completed at the time of Lincoln's inauguration in 1865?
(a) The Lincoln monument.
(b) The Capitol dome.
(c) The Washington monument.
(d) The Smithsonian Museum.
5. Who answered the door when Lewis Powell rang the doorbell at William Seward's house?
(a) William Seward's doctor.
(b) The Sewards' servant.
(c) Fanny Seward.
(d) Frederick Seward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from Washington D.C. were Mary Surratt's tavern and boardinghouse?
2. What joke did George Atzerodt make that caused a guest at the midday meal to report him to the authorities?
3. Who held John Wilkes Booth's horse in the alley behind the theater, unknowingly help him to keep his escape route accessible?
4. When John Wilkes Booth became agitated upon seeing riders pass the Garretts' farm, whom did he ask to retrieve his pistols and gun belt?
5. What fraction of the casualties during the Civil War died due to disease?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)