|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III-V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Richmond, Virginia, the capital city of the Confederate States of America, fall to Union forces?
(a) April 3, 1865.
(b) April 3, 1863.
(c) April 3, 1866.
(d) April 3, 1870.
2. After John Wilkes Booth crossed the bridge, he turned to look for his co-conspirators. Whom did he see?
(a) David Herold and Lewis Powell.
(b) Lewis Powell and George Atzerodt.
(c) David Herold and George Atzerodt.
(d) No one.
3. What was the cause of William Seward's injuries that caused him to be healing in bed when the assassination attempt on his life was made?
(a) A fall.
(b) A carriage accident.
(c) A ferris wheel accident.
(d) An arrow wound.
4. Where did Lewis Powell sleep on the two nights subsequent to the events at William Seward's house?
(a) In Mary Surratt's boardinghouse.
(b) In his carriage.
(c) In a tree.
(d) Under the Navy Yard Bridge.
5. What fraction of the casualties during the Civil War died due to disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis Powell got outside and found that Herold had fled with the getaway carriage, what did he do?
2. What was the subject of the photographs John Wilkes Booth took with him the night of the assassination?
3. What did Lewis Powell carry with him to William Sewards' door in order to make his lie more believable?
4. How old was William Seward's daughter Fanny on the night of the assassination attempt?
5. Who sent a letter to the proprietors of the Ford Theater announcing the Lincolns' intention to attend the play at the theater that night?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)