|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III-V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis Powell got outside and found that Herold had fled with the getaway carriage, what did he do?
(a) He jumped on his horse and rode away.
(b) He took off running down the street.
(c) He pushed a passerby out of a carriage and stole it.
(d) He rode off down the street on his bicycle.
2. How many slaves had Dr. Samuel Mudd owned before The Emancipation Proclamation was enacted by Abraham Lincoln?
3. What color uniforms did Northern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
4. Where were Mary Surratt's tavern and boardinghouse located at which John Wilkes Booth had hidden weapons and supplies to be retrieved after his murder of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) On the Potomac River.
(b) Washington, D.C.
5. What was the title of the play during which Abraham Lincoln was assassinated?
(b) The Importance of Being Earnest.
(c) Our American Cousin.
(d) Our Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Petersen boarding house was deemed the temporary War Department headquarters, to whom was the first telegram out of the office addressed?
2. How long did John Wilkes Booth have between finding out about Lincoln's plans to attend the play and his assassination of the President?
3. How long would it have taken John Wilkes Booth to reload if he had missed the fatal shot to Lincoln's head?
4. Who asked Dr. Charles Leale to treat him first, before the doctor tended to Abraham Lincoln?
5. How many stories did William Seward's house have, making Lewis Powell's task of finding him difficult?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)