|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do for Charlotte after they arrive in New York?
2. When John goes to break-up with Charlotte after meeting Julia, how does Charlotte react to John's guilt?
3. When Charlotte writes to her parents after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, what does she tell them?
4. After his six weeks of active duty, why does John question his ability to be with Julia?
5. On the morning of John's wedding, about what does John warn Belcour?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what condition does Charlotte walk to New York?
2. What arrangements does John make for Charlotte with Belcour?
3. How does Charlotte plan her trip to the city as she is pregnant?
4. Why does Charlotte make the decision to go the Crayton household and not the Franklin household?
5. How does Charlotte move Belcour?
6. What is Charlotte's mental state after settling in New York?
7. What is the mood as the travelers arrive in New York?
8. Why does John spend so little time with Charlotte when they arrive in New York?
9. Why would John make arrangements with Belcour for Charlotte?
10. Why does Mrs. Beauchamp befriend Charlotte?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the changing seasons align with characters' actions and plot development?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the chapter title, "Which People Void of Feeling Need Not Read"?
Essay Topic 3
How would Charlotte's plight be different in present day settings than years ago?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)