|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lt. John Montraville and Belcour are in Chichester, where are they en route?
2. How does Du Pont cheer up Charlotte after she agrees to go to America?
(a) With a special dinner.
(b) With a note from her parents.
(c) With a pep talk.
(d) With flowers.
3. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
(a) A note.
(d) A bag.
4. On the way out of the party, whom do La Rue and her guest run into?
(a) Du Pont.
(b) John Montraville.
(c) The town's minister.
(d) Mr. Temple.
5. What do Lt. John Montraville and Belcour do in Chichester?
(a) Call their wives.
(b) Mostly just sleep.
(c) Get in a fist fight.
(d) Watch Charlotte Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eldridge credit giving joy to his life?
2. After hours of a fruitless search, what message does Du Pont receive?
3. What happens to Lucy when she sees Eldridge arrive at the party without Charlotte?
4. Where did Montraville first meet Charlotte?
5. When does Montraville recognize Charlotte from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
2. What internal struggle does John immediately have concerning Charlotte?
3. Why does Charlotte warn John not to abandon her in America?
4. What does Charlotte's wavering in seeing John again foreshadow?
5. Why does Lucy pray to God for Charlotte?
6. How is Charlotte's youth and inexperience shown through her actions?
7. How do the Temples' plans for a birthday party for Charlotte build suspense?
8. What internal struggles does Charlotte develop concerning John and La Rue?
9. What is the importance of Montraville and Belcour having completely opposite moral standards?
10. Why does La Rue urge Charlotte to read Montraville's note requesting a meeting?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)