|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Charlotte goes to the meeting to say good-bye to John, what does she say she is sacrificing?
(a) Joy for sadness.
(b) Pain for pleasure.
(c) Kindness for hurt.
(d) Love to duty.
2. How does Henry pay down his debt?
(a) He takes side jobs.
(b) He never does pay down the debt.
(c) He lives cheaply.
(d) He asks his wife to work.
3. At the end of their first meeting, how does John feel about a union with Charlotte?
(a) That their love will not be understood.
(b) That there is no hope for a union.
(c) That it is undesirable.
(d) That is is silly.
4. Where is Charlotte Temple emerging from when Lt. John Montraville and Belcour first see her in Chichester?
(b) A soda parlor.
(c) A dime store.
5. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
(a) The fairness of strking up a friendship or relationship.
(b) The reality of him remembering Montraville.
(c) The distance they must travel.
(d) The money situation he wants to avoid.
6. Where are Lt. John Montraville and Belcour's deployments?
7. Whose house does La Rue claim is hosting the party she attends?
(a) Her boss' daugther.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
8. When Charlotte thinks of the pain she'll cause her family if she travels with John, what does she do?
(a) Wrings her hands.
9. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
(b) A note.
(d) A bag.
10. What does Charlotte warn John about after she agrees to go to America?
(a) Not to steal her money.
(b) Not to start a family with her.
(c) Not to go away to war.
(d) Not to abandon her in America.
11. What does Montraville wonder about Charlotte when he sees her in Chichester?
(a) How should he meet her again?
(b) When can he meet her parents?
(c) Can they live together again?
(d) Can he avoid him?
12. At the end of their first meeting, what does John beg of Charlotte?
(a) To follow him in the millitary.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To see him again.
(d) To go to Switzerland.
13. Who is La Rue's boss?
(c) Mr. George.
(d) Du Pont.
14. During John and Charlotte's first meeting, what best describes John?
(a) Outgoing and loud.
(b) Shy and secretive.
(c) Fun and boisterous.
(d) Generous and good-natured.
15. How does John think Charlotte's parents will react when they return?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does La Rue take to a party?
2. What does John persuade Charlotte concerning his death?
3. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
4. For what is Lt. Eldridge imprisoned?
5. At the end of their first meeting, what warning does John remember?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)