|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belcour think of John marrying Charlotte?
(a) That Charlotte will die before they reach America.
(b) That he could marry better.
(c) That he will not marry her.
(d) That Charlotte will not stay with him.
2. What does La Rue do at church?
3. Why does Belcour act tenderly toward Charlotte?
(a) He feels terrible about her situation.
(b) He is trying to seduce her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He doesn't want her to bother John.
4. What does Mrs. Beauchamp do when she returns from Rhode Island?
(a) Finds John.
(b) Rushes to Charlotte's side.
(c) Sends the police after Belcour.
(d) Brings Charlotte food.
5. When Charlotte goes to the meeting to say good-bye to John, what does she say she is sacrificing?
(a) Pain for pleasure.
(b) Kindness for hurt.
(c) Joy for sadness.
(d) Love to duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Charlotte accomplish by meeting with John only once?
2. During the three days after her daughter's birth, what does Charlotte continuously wonder?
3. When George learns his father cannot repay Mr. Lewis' loan, what does George do to try and help?
4. In the letter composed after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, how does Charlotte specify she wants her child raised?
5. When Charlotte sneaks in behind Mrs. Crayton's messenger, what does Charlotte say?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)