|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before his marriage, what does John state he wants for Charlotte?
(a) Her to become Belcour's mistress.
(b) Her to give the child to him.
(c) Her to become wealthy.
(d) Her to return to her parents.
2. According to the narrator, why should Mrs. Crayton have taken Charlotte into her home?
(a) To gain forgiveness with God.
(b) To given the servants a new job.
(c) To get credit for the good deed.
(d) To win favors from her husband.
3. As John and Charlotte drive off on the road to Portsmouth, what does Charlotte do?
(a) Stands in shock.
(b) Shrieks and faints.
(d) Jumps overboard.
4. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To get his son an army commission.
(b) To build an orphanage.
(c) To pay hospital bills.
(d) To get his daughter a dowry.
5. When Charlotte finally holds her baby, what does she call the child?
(a) Offspring of disobedience.
(b) Sweet dumpling.
(c) Precisous angel.
(d) A brat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Henry about Eldridge's debt?
2. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
3. What will happen to La Rue if she is caught sneaking out?
4. After arriving in New York, what does Charlotte do with her time?
5. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)