|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
(a) He goes into a three-week delirium.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is unsure of the situation.
2. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
(a) Gave money to an investor who lost it all.
(b) Worked in the mines and now has poor health.
(c) Is a minister and frequently travels.
(d) Served in the navy, is married and has two children.
3. After his six weeks of active duty, why does John question his ability to be with Julia?
(a) He doesn't like her family.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He met another woman while he was gone.
(d) He doesn't trust his impulses any longer.
4. What would Charlotte accomplish by meeting with John only once?
(a) She will let him go knowing he will be missed.
(b) She will earn money.
(c) She will help La Rue date Belcour.
(d) She will know what dating a man is like.
5. How does John think Charlotte's parents will react when they return?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlotte sneaks in behind Mrs. Crayton's messenger, what does Charlotte say?
2. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
3. Why had Charlotte thought of going to New York?
4. Where is Charlotte Temple emerging from when Lt. John Montraville and Belcour first see her in Chichester?
5. When Charlotte arrives at Mrs. Crayton's door, what does the servant first do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)