|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, how does John feel about a union with Charlotte?
(a) That their love will not be understood.
(b) That it is undesirable.
(c) That there is no hope for a union.
(d) That is is silly.
2. Where is Charlotte Temple emerging from when Lt. John Montraville and Belcour first see her in Chichester?
(b) A dime store.
(d) A soda parlor.
3. What are Lt. John Montraville and Belcour doing in Chichester?
(a) They took in a movie.
(b) They are sightseeing.
(c) They found a B and B to spend the night.
(d) They stopped for dinner.
4. Who is Henry Temple?
(a) A nobleman of modest means.
(b) A decent, albeit stupid person.
(c) A cruel and hurtful man.
(d) A nice and friendly father-figure.
5. During John and Charlotte's first meeting, what best describes John?
(a) Shy and secretive.
(b) Outgoing and loud.
(c) Fun and boisterous.
(d) Generous and good-natured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Belcour convince La Rue during their first meeting?
2. How does Charlotte present herself to Mrs. Beauchamp the first time they meet?
3. As John and Charlotte drive off on the road to Portsmouth, what does Charlotte do?
4. After the search and note concerning Charlotte's whereabouts, what does Eldridge conclude?
5. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)