|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After three months of marriage, what has Crayton found out about La Rue?
(a) La Rue cannot have children.
(b) La Rue lied about being a good cook.
(c) La Rue is vain and bad-tempered.
(d) La Rue constantly cheats on him.
2. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
(a) Eldridge punches Lewis.
(b) Eldridge marries Lewis' sister.
(c) Eldridge bans Lewis from his household.
(d) Eldridge forces Lewis to marry Lucy.
3. How does Charlotte present herself to Mrs. Beauchamp the first time they meet?
(a) Charlotte breaks into tears over her own unworthiness.
(b) Charlotte makes a fake appearance.
(c) Charlotte speaks of John very positively.
(d) Charlotte lies about her life in England.
4. Why does Charlotte cry over her fate as Crayton makes his announcement before the voyage to America is over?
(a) Her fate will parallel La Rue and Belcour's relationship.
(b) She terribly misses England.
(c) Her fate will be better than she deserves.
(d) She dislikes John.
5. What does Lucy tell Eldridge about his family?
(a) His wife is traveling to find him.
(b) His son has raised the money.
(c) His son and wife are dead.
(d) His son has helped.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they land in New York, how does Crayton introduce Charlotte to his daughter?
2. What does La Rue do at church?
3. When Eldridge hears of the search for Charlotte, whom does he denounce?
4. What does Belcour think of John marrying Charlotte?
5. What does John do for Charlotte after they arrive in New York?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)