|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first meeting, what does Mrs. Beauchamp stress to Charlotte?
(a) Not to speak with Belcour anymore.
(b) To sleep more.
(c) To eat well.
(d) Not to induldge in gloomy thoughts.
2. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
(a) He goes into a three-week delirium.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is unsure of the situation.
3. At the end of their first meeting, what does John beg of Charlotte?
(a) To see him again.
(b) To follow him in the millitary.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To go to Switzerland.
4. After his six weeks of active duty, why does John question his ability to be with Julia?
(a) He doesn't trust his impulses any longer.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He met another woman while he was gone.
(d) He doesn't like her family.
5. What does La Rue think of Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte is distrustful and vain.
(b) Charlotte is her favorite student.
(c) Charlotte is helpful and kind.
(d) Charlotte is a simpleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does La Rue call Charlotte in reference to the note she receives after the party?
2. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
3. How does John get Charlotte to agree to travel to America when she makes her final stand to stay?
4. When Charlotte tries writing to her parents after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, what are the results?
5. After John's six week active duty, what does he find when he visits Charlotte?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)