|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After John's six week active duty, what does John promise?
(a) That neither Charlotte nor the baby will ever want anything.
(b) That Charlotte is on her own.
(c) That he will get Charlotte a job.
(d) That Charlotte needs to return to her parents.
2. As they land in New York, how does Crayton introduce Charlotte to his daughter?
(a) As John's wife.
(b) As a nanny.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As John's mistress.
3. If John cannot get Charlotte to sail with him, what does he hope happens to him?
(a) To find a new love quickly.
(b) To get amnesia.
(c) To build a new relationship.
(d) To die swiftly.
4. As Charlotte reads the note she received after the party, how does she react?
(a) Her emotions changed.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
5. After arriving in New York, what does Charlotte do with her time?
(a) Reads and sleeps.
(b) Sews clothing.
(c) Cooks and prepares dinner.
(d) Expects a visit from John.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to La Rue, why is there no danger in reading the note that Charlotte receives after the party?
2. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
3. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
4. When Belcour arrives to visit Charlotte after John guiltily leaves, what does he do?
5. What has John's father warned him of?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)