|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Montraville bribe a school teacher?
(a) To earn a good grade.
(b) To protect a loved one.
(c) To gain money.
(d) To bring Charlotte outside again.
2. Who is waiting for Eldridge when he arrives at the Temples' home?
(a) La Rue and Charlotte.
(b) Charlotte and John.
(c) Lucy, alone.
(d) The Temples and guests.
3. About what does Lucy pray to God after Eldridge arrives home without Charlotte?
(a) For John to marry Charlotte.
(b) For her to find Charlotte.
(c) For Charlotte not to have a daughter.
(d) For La Rue to return Charlotte.
4. When Eldridge hears of the search for Charlotte, whom does he denounce?
(a) The doorkeeper.
(b) Charlotte's roommate.
(d) That French woman.
5. What does Charlotte wish for on the voyage to America?
(a) To eat decent food.
(b) To have John care for her.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To hear from her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John meet Julia?
2. What does Belcour bribe Charlotte's servant to do?
3. How does Charlotte react when she learns of her party thrown by her family?
4. During their first meeting, what does Mrs. Beauchamp stress to Charlotte?
5. What does the note that Charlotte receives after the party specifically say?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)