|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to La Rue if she is caught sneaking out?
(a) She will lose her job.
(b) She will be put in debtor's prison.
(c) She will lose her home.
(d) She will be charged a fine.
2. How does the loan Mr. Lewis gave Lt. Eldridge earn a due date?
(a) Eldridge gains wealth but will not pay Lewis voluntarily.
(b) Eldridge pays off other loans but refuses to give Lewis any money.
(c) Eldridge learns that Lewis enjoys Lucy's company with no intention of marrying.
(d) Eldrdige attempts to date Lewis' sister.
3. How does Henry pay down his debt?
(a) He asks his wife to work.
(b) He never does pay down the debt.
(c) He takes side jobs.
(d) He lives cheaply.
4. When George learns his father cannot repay Mr. Lewis' loan, what does George do to try and help?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Stay away from Mr. Lewis.
(c) Find an extra job.
5. How does Du Pont cheer up Charlotte after she agrees to go to America?
(a) With a pep talk.
(b) With flowers.
(c) With a special dinner.
(d) With a note from her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, what does John beg of Charlotte?
2. During John and Charlotte's first meeting, what best describes John?
3. Whom does Eldridge credit giving joy to his life?
4. For how long do Charlotte and John meet nightly in Chichester?
5. At the end of their first meeting, how does John feel about a union with Charlotte?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)