|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator stress about danger?
(a) Girls never perceive danger until it is too late.
(b) Girls can handle danger completely fine, alone.
(c) Girls are attracted to danger.
(d) Girls should marry young to avoid danger.
2. From where does Henry know Lt. Blakeney?
(b) Blakeney is a stranger to Henry.
(c) Blakeney is a distant cousin of Henry's wife.
3. When Charlotte goes to the meeting to say good-bye to John, what does she say she is sacrificing?
(a) Love to duty.
(b) Joy for sadness.
(c) Kindness for hurt.
(d) Pain for pleasure.
4. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
(a) He pictures Lucy's gratitude.
(b) He needs Eldridge's influence in politics.
(c) He has extra money.
(d) He believes Eldridge is not guilty.
5. For how long do Charlotte and John meet nightly in Chichester?
(a) Half a week.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Charlotte accomplish by meeting with John only once?
2. During John and Charlotte's first meeting, what best describes John?
3. When Eldridge hears of the search for Charlotte, whom does he denounce?
4. How does John think Charlotte's parents will react when they return?
5. At the end of their first meeting, what has Belcour learned about Charlotte's family?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)