|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading the note concerning Charlotte's whereabouts, what does Du Pont recall?
(a) Charlotte sneaking out at night.
(b) La Rue walking with Belcour.
(c) Charlotte's agitation when reading her mother's note.
(d) La Rue's secret stash of money.
2. As John and Charlotte drive off on the road to Portsmouth, what does Charlotte do?
(a) Stands in shock.
(c) Jumps overboard.
(d) Shrieks and faints.
3. How does John think Charlotte's parents will react when they return?
4. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He goes into a three-week delirium.
(c) He is unsure of the situation.
(d) He is hopeful.
5. According to La Rue, why is there no danger in reading the note that Charlotte receives after the party?
(a) Charlotte will not like John anyway.
(b) La Rue will not take Charlotte out again.
(c) John will not know she read the note.
(d) John is going to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eldridge credit giving joy to his life?
2. What does the narrator stress about danger?
3. What name does La Rue call Charlotte in reference to the note she receives after the party?
4. What is Belcour's ulterior motive in persuading La Rue to sail to America with him?
5. At the end of their first meeting, what warning does John remember?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)