|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has John's father warned him of?
(a) Marrying a girl based on her family.
(b) Leaving too soon.
(c) Marrying a girl with no money.
(d) Not being serious enough about life.
2. When does Montraville recognize Charlotte from?
(a) The day before.
(b) A magazine ad.
(c) His cousin's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Years ago.
3. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To build an orphanage.
(b) To get his daughter a dowry.
(c) To get his son an army commission.
(d) To pay hospital bills.
4. After reading the note concerning Charlotte's whereabouts, what does Du Pont recall?
(a) Charlotte's agitation when reading her mother's note.
(b) La Rue walking with Belcour.
(c) Charlotte sneaking out at night.
(d) La Rue's secret stash of money.
5. When Charlotte thinks of the pain she'll cause her family if she travels with John, what does she do?
(a) Wrings her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. During John and Charlotte's first meeting, what best describes John?
2. Who is La Rue's boss?
3. If John cannot get Charlotte to sail with him, what does he hope happens to him?
4. After hours of a fruitless search, what message does Du Pont receive?
5. Of what does Belcour convince La Rue during their first meeting?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)