|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to La Rue if she is caught sneaking out?
(a) She will lose her job.
(b) She will lose her home.
(c) She will be put in debtor's prison.
(d) She will be charged a fine.
2. When Charlotte goes to the meeting to say good-bye to John, what does she say she is sacrificing?
(a) Joy for sadness.
(b) Pain for pleasure.
(c) Kindness for hurt.
(d) Love to duty.
3. Where did Montraville first meet Charlotte?
(a) A restaruant.
(b) A ball.
(c) A church bazzar.
(d) A barn raising.
4. When does Montraville recognize Charlotte from?
(a) A magazine ad.
(b) His cousin's ex-girlfriend.
(c) The day before.
(d) Years ago.
5. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To pay hospital bills.
(b) To get his son an army commission.
(c) To build an orphanage.
(d) To get his daughter a dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note that Charlotte receives after the party specifically say?
2. What does Henry tell Lucy after he arrives at the party without Charlotte?
3. How does John get Charlotte to agree to travel to America when she makes her final stand to stay?
4. Where is Eldridge sent when he cannot repay Lewis' loan?
5. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)