|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way out of the party, whom do La Rue and her guest run into?
(a) John Montraville.
(b) The town's minister.
(c) Mr. Temple.
(d) Du Pont.
2. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
(a) He pictures Lucy's gratitude.
(b) He needs Eldridge's influence in politics.
(c) He believes Eldridge is not guilty.
(d) He has extra money.
3. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
(a) Worked in the mines and now has poor health.
(b) Gave money to an investor who lost it all.
(c) Served in the navy, is married and has two children.
(d) Is a minister and frequently travels.
4. When does Montraville recognize Charlotte from?
(a) A magazine ad.
(b) Years ago.
(c) His cousin's ex-girlfriend.
(d) The day before.
5. As Lt. John Montraville and Belcour are in Chichester, where are they en route?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
2. What name does La Rue call Charlotte in reference to the note she receives after the party?
3. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
4. What does Lucy tell Eldridge about his family?
5. The second time Montraville sees Charlotte in Chichester, whom is she with?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)