|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
(a) Worked in the mines and now has poor health.
(b) Served in the navy, is married and has two children.
(c) Is a minister and frequently travels.
(d) Gave money to an investor who lost it all.
2. Why does Belcour waylay La Rue?
(a) He needs her advice.
(b) He is an unkind man.
(c) He has fallen in love with her.
(d) He wants to help her.
3. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To build an orphanage.
(b) To get his daughter a dowry.
(c) To pay hospital bills.
(d) To get his son an army commission.
4. What is Belcour's ulterior motive in persuading La Rue to sail to America with him?
(a) Taking money from Charlotte.
(b) Convincing Charlotte to accompany Montraville.
(c) Getting La Rue fired from the school.
(d) Getting an attractive wife.
5. According to the narrator, what turns girls' heads?
(a) Men with money.
(b) Men in uniforms.
(c) Men with cars.
(d) Men with blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is La Rue's boss?
2. What will happen to La Rue if she is caught sneaking out?
3. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
4. What does La Rue think of Charlotte?
5. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)