|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
(a) He is unsure of the situation.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He goes into a three-week delirium.
(d) He is hopeful.
2. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To build an orphanage.
(b) To pay hospital bills.
(c) To get his daughter a dowry.
(d) To get his son an army commission.
3. What are Lt. John Montraville and Belcour doing in Chichester?
(a) They found a B and B to spend the night.
(b) They are sightseeing.
(c) They took in a movie.
(d) They stopped for dinner.
4. Why does Henry's father disown him?
(a) Henry did not marry money.
(b) Henry did not graduate college.
(c) Henry did not want to join the millitary.
(d) Henry refused to marry for love.
5. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
(a) Served in the navy, is married and has two children.
(b) Gave money to an investor who lost it all.
(c) Worked in the mines and now has poor health.
(d) Is a minister and frequently travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
2. Why does Montraville bribe a school teacher?
3. When does Montraville recognize Charlotte from?
4. From where does Henry know Lt. Blakeney?
5. What do Lt. John Montraville and Belcour do in Chichester?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)