|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the loan Mr. Lewis gave Lt. Eldridge earn a due date?
(a) Eldrdige attempts to date Lewis' sister.
(b) Eldridge gains wealth but will not pay Lewis voluntarily.
(c) Eldridge learns that Lewis enjoys Lucy's company with no intention of marrying.
(d) Eldridge pays off other loans but refuses to give Lewis any money.
2. Who is Henry Temple?
(a) A nobleman of modest means.
(b) A cruel and hurtful man.
(c) A decent, albeit stupid person.
(d) A nice and friendly father-figure.
3. Why does Montraville bribe a school teacher?
(a) To gain money.
(b) To bring Charlotte outside again.
(c) To earn a good grade.
(d) To protect a loved one.
4. What does Lucy tell Eldridge about his family?
(a) His son has raised the money.
(b) His son has helped.
(c) His son and wife are dead.
(d) His wife is traveling to find him.
5. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
(a) He believes Eldridge is not guilty.
(b) He has extra money.
(c) He pictures Lucy's gratitude.
(d) He needs Eldridge's influence in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
2. What does Montraville wonder about Charlotte when he sees her in Chichester?
3. For what is Henry Temple known?
4. How does Henry pay down his debt?
5. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)