|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montraville wonder about Charlotte when he sees her in Chichester?
(a) Can they live together again?
(b) Can he avoid him?
(c) When can he meet her parents?
(d) How should he meet her again?
2. Why does Montraville bribe a school teacher?
(a) To earn a good grade.
(b) To bring Charlotte outside again.
(c) To gain money.
(d) To protect a loved one.
3. As Lt. John Montraville and Belcour are in Chichester, where are they en route?
4. How does Henry feel about Lucy during their first meeting?
(b) Quite taken.
5. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To get his son an army commission.
(b) To get his daughter a dowry.
(c) To build an orphanage.
(d) To pay hospital bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
2. For what is Henry Temple known?
3. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
4. What surprises Henry about Eldridge's debt?
5. Where is Eldridge sent when he cannot repay Lewis' loan?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)