|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lt. Eldridge's life story?
(a) Worked in the mines and now has poor health.
(b) Served in the navy, is married and has two children.
(c) Is a minister and frequently travels.
(d) Gave money to an investor who lost it all.
2. From where does Henry know Lt. Blakeney?
(a) Blakeney is a stranger to Henry.
(d) Blakeney is a distant cousin of Henry's wife.
3. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
(a) He is hopeful.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He goes into a three-week delirium.
(d) He is unsure of the situation.
4. What does Montraville wonder about Charlotte when he sees her in Chichester?
(a) How should he meet her again?
(b) Can he avoid him?
(c) When can he meet her parents?
(d) Can they live together again?
5. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
(a) A bag.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Montraville pine for Charlotte after seeing her in Chichester?
2. How does the loan Mr. Lewis gave Lt. Eldridge earn a due date?
3. For what is Henry Temple known?
4. How does Henry feel about Lucy during their first meeting?
5. Who is Henry Temple?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)