|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Henry about Eldridge's debt?
(a) That he took money from Lewis.
(b) That he owes any at all.
(c) That it happened so long ago.
(d) That he owes 500.
2. When George learns his father cannot repay Mr. Lewis' loan, what does George do to try and help?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Stay away from Mr. Lewis.
(c) Find an extra job.
3. For what is Henry Temple known?
(a) His generosity.
(b) His wealthy medical practice.
(c) His sharp tongue.
(d) His bright ideas.
4. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
(a) He needs Eldridge's influence in politics.
(b) He believes Eldridge is not guilty.
(c) He has extra money.
(d) He pictures Lucy's gratitude.
5. How does Henry feel about Lucy during their first meeting?
(d) Quite taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
2. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
3. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
4. The second time Montraville sees Charlotte in Chichester, whom is she with?
5. For what is Lt. Eldridge imprisoned?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)