|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy tell Eldridge about his family?
(a) His son has raised the money.
(b) His son has helped.
(c) His son and wife are dead.
(d) His wife is traveling to find him.
2. After John's six week active duty, what does John promise?
(a) That Charlotte is on her own.
(b) That Charlotte needs to return to her parents.
(c) That neither Charlotte nor the baby will ever want anything.
(d) That he will get Charlotte a job.
3. What has John's father warned him of?
(a) Not being serious enough about life.
(b) Leaving too soon.
(c) Marrying a girl based on her family.
(d) Marrying a girl with no money.
4. As John and Charlotte drive off on the road to Portsmouth, what does Charlotte do?
(a) Jumps overboard.
(b) Stands in shock.
(d) Shrieks and faints.
5. What happens to Lucy when she sees Eldridge arrive at the party without Charlotte?
(a) She begins praying.
(b) She screams.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She swoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does La Rue warn Charlotte about if she reneges going to America?
2. After John's wedding, what does Belcour tell Charlotte for three months?
3. After the search and note concerning Charlotte's whereabouts, what does Eldridge conclude?
4. Days after Charlotte develops a fever, what does Belcour do?
5. Where did Montraville first meet Charlotte?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)