|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way out of the party, whom do La Rue and her guest run into?
(a) Du Pont.
(b) The town's minister.
(c) John Montraville.
(d) Mr. Temple.
2. When George learns his father cannot repay Mr. Lewis' loan, what does George do to try and help?
(a) Find an extra job.
(c) Stay away from Mr. Lewis.
(d) Marry a wealthy woman.
3. What does Henry tell Lucy after he arrives at the party without Charlotte?
(a) To bear it like a Christian.
(b) To prepare to travel to America.
(c) To destroy the note.
(d) To forget Charlotte.
4. Why does John not marry Julia after he convinced her he is not taking advantage of her affection?
(a) He cannot gain her father's trust.
(b) He wishes to send Charlotte back to England first.
(c) He feels it inhumane to marry her while Charlotte is expecting his baby.
(d) He has no money because he cares for Charlotte.
5. Who gives Charlotte a note after the party?
(a) Mr. Temple.
(b) Du Pont.
(c) The town's minister.
(d) John Montraville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes John condemn himself a seducer of innocence?
2. Why had Charlotte thought of going to New York?
3. What does La Rue warn Charlotte about if she reneges going to America?
4. After John's marriage and lack of response to Charlotte, from whom does Charlotte want help?
5. During their first meeting, what plans do Charlotte and Mrs. Beauchamp make together?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)