|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlotte read the note she receives after the party?
(a) Charlotte likes John.
(b) La Rue reads it to her.
(c) Charlotte never recieved a note from a man before.
(d) La Rue bullies her.
2. What does Charlotte ask her parents to help her with in the letter composed after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time?
(a) Money for food and shelter.
(b) Correspondence for peace of mind.
(c) Help for her innocent baby.
(d) Advice with John.
3. Who is Henry Temple?
(a) A cruel and hurtful man.
(b) A decent, albeit stupid person.
(c) A nobleman of modest means.
(d) A nice and friendly father-figure.
4. For what is Lt. Eldridge imprisoned?
(a) For debt.
(b) For murder.
(c) For robbery.
(d) For spousal abuse.
5. After John's wedding, what does Belcour tell Charlotte for three months?
(a) That he is trying to find her parents.
(b) That he will find her help for the baby.
(c) That he understands her delimma.
(d) That he is trying to restore John to reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their first meeting, what plans do Charlotte and Mrs. Beauchamp make together?
2. When Charlotte tries writing to her parents after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, what are the results?
3. According to La Rue, why is there no danger in reading the note that Charlotte receives after the party?
4. How does Henry feel about Lucy during their first meeting?
5. Where does a soldier suggest Charlotte go when she arrives in New York?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)