|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Belcour's ulterior motive in persuading La Rue to sail to America with him?
(a) Getting La Rue fired from the school.
(b) Convincing Charlotte to accompany Montraville.
(c) Taking money from Charlotte.
(d) Getting an attractive wife.
2. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To get his son an army commission.
(b) To pay hospital bills.
(c) To build an orphanage.
(d) To get his daughter a dowry.
3. From where does Henry know Lt. Blakeney?
(a) Blakeney is a distant cousin of Henry's wife.
(d) Blakeney is a stranger to Henry.
4. Where is Charlotte Temple emerging from when Lt. John Montraville and Belcour first see her in Chichester?
(a) A soda parlor.
(b) A dime store.
5. The second time Montraville sees Charlotte in Chichester, whom is she with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) An old millitary friend.
(c) Her French teacher.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to La Rue if she is caught sneaking out?
2. On the way out of the party, whom do La Rue and her guest run into?
3. Why does Henry's father disown him?
4. For what is Henry Temple known?
5. Who is Mlle La Rue?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)