|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, what does Charlotte agree to?
(a) To kiss him.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To meet John again.
(d) To leave him alone.
2. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
(a) Eldridge forces Lewis to marry Lucy.
(b) Eldridge bans Lewis from his household.
(c) Eldridge marries Lewis' sister.
(d) Eldridge punches Lewis.
3. Where is Charlotte Temple emerging from when Lt. John Montraville and Belcour first see her in Chichester?
(a) A dime store.
(c) A soda parlor.
4. Where did Montraville first meet Charlotte?
(a) A church bazzar.
(b) A ball.
(c) A barn raising.
(d) A restaruant.
5. What do Lt. John Montraville and Belcour do in Chichester?
(a) Mostly just sleep.
(b) Call their wives.
(c) Watch Charlotte Temple.
(d) Get in a fist fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what turns girls' heads?
2. Who is Henry Temple?
3. What are Lt. John Montraville and Belcour doing in Chichester?
4. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
5. During his first meeting with La Rue, what best describes Belcour?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)