|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lt. Eldridge borrow money from Mr. Lewis?
(a) To build an orphanage.
(b) To pay hospital bills.
(c) To get his son an army commission.
(d) To get his daughter a dowry.
2. For what is Henry Temple known?
(a) His wealthy medical practice.
(b) His sharp tongue.
(c) His bright ideas.
(d) His generosity.
3. At the end of their first meeting, what does John beg of Charlotte?
(a) To see him again.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To go to Switzerland.
(d) To follow him in the millitary.
4. During his first meeting with La Rue, what best describes Belcour?
(a) A savior.
(b) An animal.
(c) A hedonist.
(d) A martyr.
5. What does La Rue do at church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mlle La Rue?
2. What does La Rue think of Charlotte?
3. How long does Montraville pine for Charlotte after seeing her in Chichester?
4. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
5. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)