|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Montraville meets Charlotte in Chichester, what does he give her?
(a) A bag.
(c) A note.
2. Why does Montraville consider before he meets Charlotte in Chichester who he hasn't seen for years?
(a) The distance they must travel.
(b) The fairness of strking up a friendship or relationship.
(c) The reality of him remembering Montraville.
(d) The money situation he wants to avoid.
3. What is Belcour's ulterior motive in persuading La Rue to sail to America with him?
(a) Getting La Rue fired from the school.
(b) Getting an attractive wife.
(c) Convincing Charlotte to accompany Montraville.
(d) Taking money from Charlotte.
4. Who does La Rue take to a party?
(b) Du Pont.
5. At the end of their first meeting, what warning does John remember?
(a) His boss' to stay in line.
(b) His wife's to be serious.
(c) His teacher's to study more.
(d) His father's warning to marry for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, what has Belcour learned about Charlotte's family?
2. How does Henry pay down his debt?
3. At the end of their first meeting, what does John beg of Charlotte?
4. How does the loan Mr. Lewis gave Lt. Eldridge earn a due date?
5. How does Henry feel about Lucy during their first meeting?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)