|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, what does Charlotte agree to?
(a) To kiss him.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To meet John again.
2. According to Charlotte, why does she not kill herself?
(a) She misses her parents.
(b) She has her baby.
(c) She loves John.
(d) She is a Christian.
3. What argument does Charlotte design to give Mrs. Crayton after her landlord leaves?
(a) They are still friends.
(b) They came to America with the same prospects.
(c) They made a promise to care for each other.
(d) They are both women.
4. What does the note that Charlotte receives after the party specifically say?
(a) Readers never know.
(b) Revealing feelings John has for Charlotte for years.
(c) Explaining how they will travel to America.
(d) Designing a meeting place to meet.
5. After Charlotte's landlord leaves, what does she decide to do?
(a) Ask Julia for help.
(b) Walk to New York and beg Mrs. Crayton for help.
(c) Find Belcour for her money.
(d) Catch a boat back to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has John's father warned him of?
2. How does John react when Crayton makes his announcement before the voyage to America is over?
3. How does Charlotte react when Crayton makes his announcement before the voyage to America is over?
4. Who takes care of Charlotte while she is seasick on the voyage to America?
5. How does Belcour react when Crayton makes his announcement before the voyage to America is over?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)