|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlotte end up putting the knife after her experience in the cargo hold?
2. Who leads Charlotte on board the ship?
3. What does Zachariah forgive the crew for?
4. Where does Charlotte go after getting out of the dark cargo hold?
5. Who opens the door when Charlotte goes to find a needle for Ewing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte refuse to do for Captain Jaggery?
2. What does Charlotte learn about Mr. Cranick after her illness?
3. What does Charlotte learn about the crew after her illness?
4. What does Zachariah say to Charlotte as he makes her some tea, and how does she respond?
5. What does Charlotte notice about the ship as she walks with Captain Jaggery, and what does he do about it?
6. What is the most unique part of the ship to Charlotte as she looks at it while waiting for Mr. Grummage?
7. What happens when Charlotte asks Mr. Grummage what her captain's name is?
8. What does Zachariah make for Charlotte, and why?
9. How does Charlotte feel about her room on board the ship?
10. What does Charlotte do with the gift Zachariah gives her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)