|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families is Charlotte supposed to sail with?
2. Where does Charlotte go after getting out of the dark cargo hold?
3. Who is Charlotte excited to meet when she boards the ship?
4. Who does Charlotte want to tell about her experience in the cargo hold?
5. Who opens the door when Charlotte goes to find a needle for Ewing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the highlight of every day on the ship for Charlotte?
2. What happens after Charlotte's candle goes out in the cargo hold?
3. What is the most unique part of the ship to Charlotte as she looks at it while waiting for Mr. Grummage?
4. What does Mr. Barlow say to Charlotte as he takes her to look through her chest?
5. Who greets Charlotte on the ship and what does he say to her?
6. Who does Charlotte consider telling about her experience in the cargo hold, and why doesn't she?
7. What does Charlotte learn about the crew after her illness?
8. How does Charlotte feel about her room on board the ship?
9. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew just after he inspects them for the first time?
10. How does Charlotte feel about the scene she sees at the docks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)