|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte see that makes her think they are nearing land?
(a) Muddy water.
(b) A bird.
(c) A strange break in the clouds.
2. Who speaks with Charlotte while she is in the jail?
(b) Captain Jaggery.
3. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew and Charlotte to swear on before the trial?
(a) Their lives.
(b) A Bible.
(c) The sea.
(d) Their honor.
4. How long does Charlotte sleep after the storm?
(a) 14 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 16 hours.
5. Who does Zachariah bring back to the brig with him?
6. What does Captain Jaggery call Charlotte during the trial?
7. What does Charlotte see the crew doing after she talks to Captain Jaggery after the whipping?
(a) Praying in a circle.
(b) Throwing a body overboard.
(c) Signing another round robin.
(d) Singing some hymns.
8. Who really oversees the running of the ship after Captain Jaggery dies?
9. Why is Charlotte framed?
(a) She was a disruption.
(b) She needed a reminder of who was in power.
(c) She is an abomination.
(d) She was disrespectful.
10. What excuse will Captain Jaggery allow Charlotte to avoid the trial on?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her gender.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her wealth.
11. Who teaches Charlotte to handle a knife?
12. Who brings food to Zachariah every day?
13. Where does Fisk go to tell the men that Charlotte wants to help them?
(a) The brig.
(b) The upper deck.
(c) The forecastle.
(d) The galley.
14. How long would it take an able-bodied crew member to complete the task that is given to Charlotte to prove her loyalty to the crew?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
15. Who sees Charlotte's knife when she takes it back to her room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte ask a crew member when she wakes up after the storm?
2. Where does Charlotte go after Zachariah's whipping?
3. Where does Captain Jaggery keep the key to the safe?
4. What will Zachariah do while Charlotte gets the key to the safe?
5. What does Charlotte notice in the cabin when the lights are lit?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)