|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew and Charlotte to swear on before the trial?
(a) Their lives.
(b) The sea.
(c) Their honor.
(d) A Bible.
2. What does Zachariah see Hollybrass doing during the storm?
(a) Arguing with Captain Jaggery.
(b) Coming out of Charlotte's room.
(c) Paying money to Dillenbeck.
(d) Laughing hysterically in the wind.
3. What does Charlotte do to prove to Fisk that she is willing to help the crew?
(a) She moves her things to the forecastle.
(b) She signs a new round robin.
(c) She wears the clothes that Zachariah made for her.
(d) She learns to tie knots.
4. Where does Fisk go to tell the men that Charlotte wants to help them?
(a) The upper deck.
(b) The galley.
(c) The brig.
(d) The forecastle.
5. Who really oversees the running of the ship after Captain Jaggery dies?
6. Who does Charlotte see when she enters Captain Jaggery's cabin in Chapter 21?
(a) Captain Jaggery.
7. Where does Captain Jaggery keep the key to the safe?
(a) Under his pillow.
(b) In his Bible.
(c) Behind the picture of his daughter.
(d) In his breast pocket.
8. Who brings food to Zachariah every day?
9. Who saves Charlotte during the storm?
(c) Captain Jaggery.
10. What does Charlotte see the crew doing after she talks to Captain Jaggery after the whipping?
(a) Signing another round robin.
(b) Throwing a body overboard.
(c) Praying in a circle.
(d) Singing some hymns.
11. What does Hollybrass blame Captain Jaggery for?
(a) Losing more members of the crew.
(b) Getting caught in the storm.
(c) Losing his respect.
(d) Demoralizing a woman.
12. What excuse will Captain Jaggery allow Charlotte to avoid the trial on?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her gender.
(d) Her father.
13. Who is made captain of the Seahawk after Captain Jaggery dies?
14. What does Captain Jaggery call Charlotte after she tells him she has joined the crew?
(a) Mister Charlotte.
(c) Mr. Doyle.
15. Who does Zachariah bring back to the brig with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte do to improve her vision as she climbs the mainmast in the storm?
2. What does Charlotte ask a crew member when she wakes up after the storm?
3. Which of the following is NOT a choice given to Charlotte when she is caught in the captain's cabin?
4. What does Charlotte do when she speaks with the captain after the whipping?
5. How is Captain Jaggery killed?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)