|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte notice in the cabin when the lights are lit?
(a) The fine items are all bent and broken.
(b) It is covered in seaweed.
(c) The picture is missing.
(d) There are blood splatters on the walls.
2. When the trial is over, how long is left until the execution?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
3. Who is made captain of the Seahawk after Captain Jaggery dies?
4. What does Charlotte's father do with Charlotte's journal?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Corrects the spelling and grammar.
(c) Tears it to shreds.
(d) Gets it published.
5. Who speaks with Charlotte while she is in the jail?
(b) Captain Jaggery.
6. Why does Captain Jaggery stay in his cabin when Charlotte joins the crew?
(a) He can't stand to see a fine lady working.
(b) He is afraid of another mutiny.
(c) He is ailing from some kind of sickness.
(d) He is embarrassed by the welt on his face.
7. What is thrown into the ocean at Zachariah's funeral?
(a) Some old food.
(b) A stuffed hammock.
(c) Cranick's clothing.
(d) All of his belongings.
8. What does the crew do to give Charlotte privacy in the sleeping quarters?
(a) Hangs a piece of canvas.
(b) Switches shifts to allow her to sleep alone.
(c) Gives her a private room.
(d) Builds a wall of chests.
9. What does Zachariah see Hollybrass doing during the storm?
(a) Paying money to Dillenbeck.
(b) Laughing hysterically in the wind.
(c) Coming out of Charlotte's room.
(d) Arguing with Captain Jaggery.
10. Where does Charlotte go after cleaning herself up after Zachariah's whipping?
(a) Her room.
(b) The galley.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The captain's cabin.
11. What excuse will Captain Jaggery allow Charlotte to avoid the trial on?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her gender.
(d) Her age.
12. How long does it take Charlotte to complete the task to prove her loyalty to the crew?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
13. What does Captain Jaggery call Charlotte after she tells him she has joined the crew?
(a) Mister Charlotte.
(c) Mr. Doyle.
14. What are the ladder ropes on the ship called?
(a) Wind catchers.
(c) Spider's webs.
(d) Sailor's nooses.
15. What does Zachariah say that he needs in order to confront Captain Jaggery after Charlotte's trial?
(a) Some time alone with the man.
(b) Concrete evidence against him.
(c) Support from the crew.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fisk go to tell the men that Charlotte wants to help them?
2. What does Captain Jaggery accuse Charlotte of while she is sleeping?
3. Who does Zachariah bring back to the brig with him?
4. Why does the crew not defend Charlotte in the trial?
5. What does the deck look like for Charlotte's trial?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)