|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Charlotte use to describe the man who takes her to her chest?
2. What does Zachariah forgive the crew for?
(a) Dragging him on deck.
(b) Starting the mutiny.
(c) Being cowards.
(d) Not standing up for him.
3. Who does Captain Jaggery say will decide her fate in the trial?
(a) A jury.
(b) The evidence.
(d) The crew.
4. What does Charlotte see when she looks behind her while looking through her trunk?
(a) A smiling head.
(b) A rat.
(c) A leak.
(d) A noose.
5. What causes Charlotte's candle to go out when she is looking through her chest?
(a) Someone blows it out deliberately.
(b) A drip of water.
(c) Her screaming.
(d) A sea breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings food to Zachariah every day?
2. Why is Charlotte not told about Zachariah's trick?
3. What is located directly below where Charlotte's chest is being stored?
4. What does Captain Jaggery force Charlotte to do while Zachariah is being whipped?
5. What does Charlotte sense when she is looking through her chest?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)