* Charlotte is a young lady of a wealthy family who is being led by a hired man to the Seahawk, a ship that is to take her back to her home in America.
* When Mr. Grummage tells Charlotte that Captain Jaggery is the captain of the Seahawk, the man carrying her luggage drops it and refuses to go any further.
* A second man is hired to carry the luggage, but he, too, drops the load when he sees which ship he is to load the cargo on.
* While Charlotte waits for Mr. Grummage to confer with the captain, she looks at the ship. She notes that the figurehead looks more like an avenging angel than a docile seahawk.
* When Mr. Grummage comes back, he tells Charlotte that the two families she was to travel with have canceled, and she will be traveling alone.
* Mr. Grummage has business...
This section contains 2,850 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)