|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe needing to help his sister with in Chapter 4?
2. The Marianas Trench is located southwest of what island?
(d) Bora Bora.
3. How deep does the protagonist claim the Marianas Trench to be in Chapter 2?
(a) 6.8 miles deep.
(b) 7.4 miles deep.
(c) 3.4 miles deep.
(d) 6.2 miles deep.
4. What does the Caden describe on the walls of his sister's room in Chapter 6?
5. What does the girl take from the refrigerator in Chapter 10?
6. Who first explores the Marianas Trench?
(a) Elizabeth Cole and Lieutenant Donald Davies.
(b) Adrian Rickman and Major Tom Evans.
(c) Mark Edwards and Eddie Pickman.
(d) Jacques Piccard and Lieutenant Don Walsh.
7. Where does Caden describe a kid falling into an abandoned well in Chapter 44?
8. What object does Caden describe at the mall in Chapter 7?
(a) A donation bucket.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) An escalator.
(d) An elevator.
9. What does Caden do in Chapter 59?
(a) He ditches school.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He calls the police on his parents.
(d) He goes into the hospital.
10. What does the narrator describe as his "job on the ship" in Chapter 15?
(a) "Master Helmsman."
(b) "The Mast."
11. What time does the narrator say it is in Chapter 1?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
12. What is the title of Chapter 65, when the narrator describes seeing what is behind his closed eyes?
(a) "The Darkness Beyond."
(b) "Better for This."
(c) "Hindsight at My Feet."
(d) "Behind Her Back."
13. Who is the narrator's friend that he recalls telling about being outside of himself in Chapter 66?
14. Into what material has the ship turned in Chapter 47?
15. What kind of spiders does Caden describe living in his garage in Chapter 50?
(a) Black widow spiders.
(b) Brown recluse spiders.
(c) Green garden spiders.
(d) Daddy long-legs spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge that the Captain gives to Caden in Chapter 34?
2. What position on the ship does Carlyle hold?
3. When was the Marianas Trench first explored?
4. How does the narrator describe time moving on the pirate ship in Chapter 4?
5. What is Caden's dad's profession?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)