|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what material has the ship turned in Chapter 47?
2. What has replaced "I" for the narrator in Chapter 66?
3. What does the Caden describe on the walls of his sister's room in Chapter 6?
4. What does Caden regularly check the news for in Chapter 18?
(a) California earthquakes.
(c) Chinese earthquakes.
5. What is the title of Chapter 34, where the Captain introduces a challenge to Caden?
(a) "Forever Down There."
(b) "Better for This."
(c) "Behind Her Back."
(d) "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum."
6. What does the narrator describe needing to help his sister with in Chapter 4?
7. What does the navigator declare Caden to be in Chapter 5?
(a) The mast.
(b) The bow.
(c) The compass.
(d) The rudder.
8. Where does the protagonist describe his dream taking place in Chapter 3?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) An old hotel.
(c) A white kitchen.
(d) A dusty library.
9. What kind of spiders does Caden describe living in his garage in Chapter 50?
(a) Black widow spiders.
(b) Brown recluse spiders.
(c) Daddy long-legs spiders.
(d) Green garden spiders.
10. What does the narrator compare the laughter and thoughts to of the monsters around him in Chapter 3?
(a) Poison-tipped darts.
(b) Silk veils.
(c) Silver doubloons.
(d) Octopus tentacles.
11. The Marianas Trench is located southwest of what island?
(b) Bora Bora.
12. How does the narrator describe his spinning emotions in Chapter 5?
(a) Like swimming in the ocean.
(b) Like wandering a dark tunnel.
(c) Like leaping from a plane.
(d) Like laying in an alley.
13. What position on the ship does Carlyle hold?
(d) "Master Helmsman."
14. From what narrative point of view is Chapter 1 related?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person passive.
(d) Second person.
15. What game does Caden describe playing with his friends at the mall when he was younger in Chapter 12?
(c) "Psycho Shopping Spree."
(d) "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what class is Caden taking a test in Chapter 39?
2. How old is the protagonist of the novel?
3. From where does the doctor have a PhD, according to the narrator in Chapter 64?
4. What is the obsession that the narrator describes taking over him in Chapter 44?
5. Where does Caden describe staying at a hotel with his family during a trip to New York in Chapter 27?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)