|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters XVI - XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madam Lockton say she will do if Ruth has another seizure?
(a) Sell her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Send Ruth back to Africa.
(d) Take her to a specialist in Boston.
2. What is significant about this day for Isabel and Ruth?
(a) They are to be adopted by a Quaker couple in Pennsylvania.
(b) They are to be set free.
(c) They are going to live with their mother in Canada.
(d) They are going to be adopted by Mary Finch.
3. Who does Becky say nearly died?
(a) A female slave that Mrs. Lockton beat.
(b) The Lockton's oldest son.
(d) The Lockton's youngest daughter.
4. What does Mrs. Lockton believe of Ruth?
(a) Ruth needs medical care.
(b) Ruth is having the seizures intentionally.
(c) Ruth is possessed by a devil.
(d) Ruth should be sent back to Africa.
5. What astounds Isabel about what she hears from Lockton's guests?
(a) That they would want English rule.
(b) That they would jeopardize their families.
(c) That they would engage in embezzlement.
(d) That they speak freely in front of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Regen ask Isabel to do?
2. What does Becky tell Isabel?
3. Who is Becky Berry?
4. Where does Isabel run to visit?
5. What does Curzon promise Isabel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)