|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VII - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lockton dress Ruth?
(a) In elaborate costumes of all sorts.
(b) In soldier uniforms.
(c) She makes her run around with no clothing.
(d) Like a monkey.
2. Why is Isabel punished by Madam Lockton?
(a) For giggling at the harbor.
(b) For talking to Curzon.
(c) For taking too long at the watering hole.
(d) For trying to protect Ruth.
3. Who is Becky Berry?
(a) The baker's daughter.
(b) The tailor's slave.
(c) A slave belonging to the Bellinghams.
(d) The head maid of the Lockton house.
4. What help does Isabel ask of the pastor?
(a) In finding a way to get to Pennsylvania.
(b) In locating two other siblings.
(c) In finding work.
(d) In finding a place to live.
5. How does Mrs. Lockton amuse her friends?
(a) By having the twin slave boys do a tumbling act.
(b) By making Ruth dance like a monkey.
(c) By singing for them.
(d) By playing the harpsichord for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabel ask for guidance?
2. What is significant about the day the novel opens?
3. What does Isabel learn was in Madam Lockton's underwear chest?
4. What do soldiers ask to search?
5. What does Mr. Lockton tell Isabel to do when he is entertaining some friends?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)