|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters XXXVI - XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lockton think when she notices the Patriots gathering their belongings?
(a) That the British have already won.
(b) That the Patriots are cowards.
(c) That the British will return to New York.
(d) That the Patriots are gone for good from New York.
2. About what do Lockton's guests speak openly?
(a) The various illegal financial activities in which they engage.
(b) Their desire for independence from England.
(c) Their Loyalists ties.
(d) Their getting slaves illegally.
3. What does Isabel discover when she wakes after the night that she receives cookies and milk?
(a) Ruth is missing.
(b) Mr. Lockton has be arrested again.
(c) Becky is very ill.
(d) Mrs. Lockton has fled New York.
4. How does Madam Lockton say she hit her head?
(a) Falling down the steps.
(b) Spilled candle wax.
(c) Slipping on water in the kitchen.
(d) Tripping over the rug.
5. What is to be branded on Isabel?
(a) The letter "I."
(b) The letter "L."
(c) A circle.
(d) The letter "S."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lockton insist Madam Lockton stay behind?
2. Why is Isabel more motivated than ever to gain information for Mr. Bellingham?
3. What does Isabel do after everyone in the household is asleep?
4. Where does Isabel hope the soldiers will search?
5. With what does Curzon help Isabel?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)