* The play is about the Pollitt family that lives on a plantation in Mississippi in the mid-1950s.
* Brick and Maggie Pollitt, a married couple, are the main characters in the family led by Big Daddy Pollitt.
* The Pollitt family has all gathered at the Pollitt plantation to celebrate Big Daddy's birthday.
* Brick's brother, Gooper, his wife, Mae, and their five children are also in attendance.
* Brick has a broken ankle and remains in the bedroom for the entire visit.
* Brick has an alcohol abuse problem and is sexually indifferent toward Maggie.
* It is Maggie's opinion that Gooper and Mae are lobbying to inherit the plantation.
* Brick's indifference toward Maggie prompts her to say that she is like a cat on a hot tin roof--restless yet persevering.
* All the family, with the exception of Big Daddy and Big Mama, know that Big Daddy has terminal cancer and...
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)