Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrie stop as she is walking through Chamberlain?
2. How does Carrie kill her mother?
3. What does Carrie's mother do?
4. Who is outside waiting for the prom to start?
5. What does Carrie do to the fire hydrants?
Essay Topic 1
Chris is angry at being barred from the prom. Carrie is angry because she feels so many of her peers make fun of her. Margret is angry because she didn't kill Carrie as a baby. Anger runs throughout this whole book.
1. Do you think the events would have occurred without anger? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think Carrie can go about "losing" her anger?
3. Is Carrie's anger justified? Understandable? What can she do to let go of the anger?
4. Can you use your advice about how Carrie can let go of her anger and apply it to any way your own anger is sparked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Change is inevitable, growth is optional. The change in the characters in this book are drastic from the status quo at the beginning of the book to the end.
1. What are some of the ways in which Carrie changed during the course of this book? Did she grow from the change? What did she learn from it? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What are some of the changes that occurred in Sue Snell in the course of the story? How did she grow from the circumstances? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Choose two characters in the book and compare and contrast the change in them through the course of the story and how they did or did not grow.
Essay Topic 3
Carrie has killed almost an entire town for revenge.
1. How would you define revenge? How often do you think people are motivated by the desire for revenge? What do you think is the effect of holding such a desire for a long time without fulfillment?
2. Explain why Chris wants revenge and on whom. Do you think she is justified in seeking revenge? Is the taking of revenge ever justified? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Explain why Carrie wants revenge and on whom. Do you think she is justified in seeking revenge? Is the taking of revenge ever justified? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)