Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrie stop as she is walking through Chamberlain?
2. How does Carrie kill her mother?
3. What does Carrie's mother do?
4. Who is outside waiting for the prom to start?
5. What does Carrie do to the fire hydrants?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell. How are they the same? How are they different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you think would have happened if these two characters, Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell never existed in the story? Use events from the book where the direct influence of Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell have an impact on others.
3. Who is the better person, Chris Hargensen or Sue? Why? Cite several examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Change is inevitable, growth is optional. The change in the characters in this book are drastic from the status quo at the beginning of the book to the end.
1. What are some of the ways in which Carrie changed during the course of this book? Did she grow from the change? What did she learn from it? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What are some of the changes that occurred in Sue Snell in the course of the story? How did she grow from the circumstances? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Choose two characters in the book and compare and contrast the change in them through the course of the story and how they did or did not grow.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in CARRIE are a mixture of complex (or three dimensional) and flat (or stereotypes) Choose one of the following questions and write a well-developed, cohesive essay using examples from the text and your research or personal experience:
1. Write an in-depth character analysis of CARRIE. Include a physical description, personality traits, and what beliefs motivate her. Is this character round or flat? What do you like and dislike about this character? Why? Give specific examples.
2. Write an in-depth character analysis of Sue Snell. Include a physical description, personality traits, and what beliefs motivate him. Is this character round or flat? What do you like and dislike about this character? Why? Give specific examples.
3. Choose three other characters besides Carrie and Sue Snell and write about them in relationship to both Carrie and Sue Snell. Are they friendly or hostile to either main character? Explain with examples. What is their purpose(s) in the story?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)