|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flies open on its own?
2. What does Carrie try on while her mother watches?
3. How are most of the prom goers killed?
4. For whom is Carrie waiting?
5. What does Margret do when Carrie says that about every woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Billy decide while waiting for the prom queen and king to be announced?
2. What does Margret think she should have done with Carrie and what does she plan to do now?
3. What happens when Carrie tries on her dress for the prom?
4. What do Billy and Chris do when the town is on fire and what happens when they do it?
5. What does Sheriff Doyle say about the night of the prom?
6. What is Margret doing while Carrie is at the prom?
7. What had Chris and Billy done before the prom begins?
8. How is Carrie feeling about being at the prom?
9. What did Cora find out at the school and what does she want to know?
10. How does Carrie feel about her name being on the ballot and what happens during the vote for prom court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel belongs to the general literary category of fiction and the genre of horror fiction, although it has characteristics of other genres also. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term genre. Give examples of at least five types of genre and why they belong to their specific genre.
2. Why do you think books are categorized by genre? What are the advantages? The disadvantages?
3. To what other genres could this book possibly belong? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell. How are they the same? How are they different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you think would have happened if these two characters, Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell never existed in the story? Use events from the book where the direct influence of Chris Hargensen and Sue Snell have an impact on others.
3. Who is the better person, Chris Hargensen or Sue? Why? Cite several examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Chris Hagensen to Billy Nolan.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Chris and Billy to that of Sue and Tommy.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Carrie lives to your own.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)