|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret do when Carrie says that about every woman?
2. Of what does Carrie start convincing herself?
3. What does Cora want to know?
4. What does Carrie feel as she dons her special bra?
5. What does Margret say she should have done when Ralph had sex with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The principal of the school and Miss Desjardin resigned, but it isn't explained if they stayed in the town of Chamberlain. It appears that both of those educators felt in retrospect that they should have done something, or perhaps have foreseen that something had the potential of happening that night.
1. Do you think these two characters could have prevented what happened the night of the prom? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. There is considerable debate in society whether schools are responsible for some of the moral upbringing of children. Some say educators are there to educate and parents are responsible for children's morals. Others say schools should play a role in teaching children right from wrong. Discuss the two sides of this issue and your own opinion,
3. People often feel responsible for events around them when they have little power to change situations. Explain why you think people tend to do that and why it might impact their lives negatively to do so.
Essay Topic 2
This novel belongs to the general literary category of fiction and the genre of horror fiction, although it has characteristics of other genres also. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term genre. Give examples of at least five types of genre and why they belong to their specific genre.
2. Why do you think books are categorized by genre? What are the advantages? The disadvantages?
3. To what other genres could this book possibly belong? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of redemption in CARRIE. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of relationships in CARRIE. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of religion in CARRIE. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 2,443 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)