|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy excited?
(a) At the idea of giving pig's blood to a pig.
(b) He is not excited; he's angry.
(c) At the upcoming cookout with the steak he buys.
(d) At the idea of paying back Tommy.
2. When Carrie's mother screams and tears out her flesh, what happens?
(a) Rocks fall from the sky and hit the house.
(b) The police come and take Carrie away.
(c) The neighbors turn up their music.
(d) A stone kills Carrie's father.
3. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(d) The prom.
4. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The television.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The bed with her sitting on it.
5. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
(a) She has not yet been accepted to college.
(b) A community college.
(c) A very prestigious college.
(d) A fairly unknown liberal arts college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sue tell Chris that she accepted her punishment?
2. What happens to the bathroom lights?
3. What happens the year Carrie is born?
4. What does Carrie's mother say when she says she is going to the prom?
5. What does Carrie's mother do when she sees Carrie speaking to the neighbor teen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Margret White yell at the neighbors and what did one do to taunt her?
2. How does Carrie practice her ability?
3. What does Sue Snell say to Tommy about Carrie and the gym incident and how does she feel?
4. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
5. What is thought to be the connection between Carrie's ability and her menstrual cycle?
6. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
7. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
8. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
9. What does Sue think is Chris' main goal about the prom?
10. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)