|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason Sue accepted her punishment?
(a) She is afraid of Carrie.
(b) She tells Chris the real reason.
(c) She is afraid of what her parents would say.
(d) She does not want to miss the prom.
2. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
(a) A community college.
(b) A very prestigious college.
(c) A fairly unknown liberal arts college.
(d) She has not yet been accepted to college.
3. What are Sue Snell and other students doing on Wednesday afternoon?
(a) Decorating for the prom.
(b) Swimming at the river.
(c) Having ice cream at the drugstore.
(d) Studying for finals in the library.
4. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) The dresser.
(b) Her dog.
(c) The television.
(d) The bed with her sitting on it.
5. What does Chris think is possible on prom night?
(a) That Tommy and Carrie would be crowned king and queen.
(b) That people will have a bad time since Chris won't be there and she's the life of the party usually.
(c) That Sue will help her get her revenge against Mr. Morton.
(d) That Chris will be allowed to go to the prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
2. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
3. How does Sue feel about what she tells Tommy?
4. Why does Sue cry?
5. What does Sue Snell want Tommy Ross to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carrie's father take to work with him and where is he?
2. What is thought to be the connection between Carrie's ability and her menstrual cycle?
3. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
4. What worries Sue when she is helping to decorate for the prom?
5. What does Sue Snell say to Tommy about Carrie and the gym incident and how does she feel?
6. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
7. How does Carrie practice her ability?
8. What does Sue Snell realize when the gym teacher comes in? What does the teacher do?
9. What does Carrie do to a small boy while walking home and what does she discover about herself?
10. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)