|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes in and whispers to someone on the decorating committee?
(a) Miss Desjardin.
(b) Chris Hargensen.
(c) Billy Nolan.
2. What is Chris going to do everything possible to accomplish?
(a) Make sure Tommy and Carrie are crowned.
(b) Enjoy her night regardless.
(c) Ruin Sue's prom night.
(d) Get her boyfriend to forget going to the prom also.
3. Who is Chris Hargensen with when Sue arrives?
(a) No one.
(d) Billy Nolan.
4. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
(a) That Carrie is open about her problem.
(b) That Miss Desjardin flirts with him.
(c) That Carrie's first period is at age 17.
(d) That Carrie wants to go home.
5. What does Chris Hargensen tell her friend?
(a) That she is going to do something awful to the people at the prom.
(b) That she is going to get back at Carrie.
(c) That she is sorry she did not accept her punishment.
(d) That she is going to slash the Principal's tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
2. Who goes with Billy?
3. What did Carrie's father carry to work every day?
4. What does Margret think about sex?
5. What does Sue Snell want Tommy Ross to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
2. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
3. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
4. Why would Margret White yell at the neighbors and what did one do to taunt her?
5. What does Sue think is Chris' main goal about the prom?
6. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
7. Why does Mr. Grayle tell Chris Hargensen's father she may not go to the prom and with what does Grayle threaten Chris' father?
8. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
9. What does Carrie think about Tommy's request?
10. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)