|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) To get Carrie under control.
(b) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(c) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
(d) She has never liked Carrie.
2. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
(a) Sinful mounds.
(b) Dirty pillows.
(c) Nothing; she won't mention such things.
(d) The twin peaks of hell.
3. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
(a) Her mother backhands her and tells her Carrie is cursed.
(b) Her tears turn to ice as they drop on the ground.
(c) Her mother holds her and makes over her.
4. For what is Chris angry at Sue?
(a) She is not angry at Sue.
(b) For saying something nice to Carrie.
(c) For not sharing her answers in the history final.
(d) For not refusing detention like Chris does.
5. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(b) Go and get the teacher.
(c) Throw her a tampon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
2. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
3. What does Carrie do with the brush on her dresser?
4. Who goes with Billy?
5. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
2. What worries Sue when she is helping to decorate for the prom?
3. What does Chris do when she leaves the prom decorating party?
4. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
5. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
6. What does Sue decide will make things right with Carrie?
7. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
8. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
9. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
10. How does Carrie practice her ability?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)