|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(b) She has never liked Carrie.
(c) To get Carrie under control.
(d) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
2. Why does Carrie become hysterical in gym class?
(a) The girls put her in a shower and blasted her with cold water.
(b) She starts her menstrual cycle and doesn't know what it is.
(c) She breaks her ankle.
(d) She breaks her arm.
3. How are Carrie's parents described?
(a) As good, kind people.
(b) As lukewarm Christians.
(c) As religious zealots.
(d) As atheists.
4. What else disconcerts Mr. Morton?
(a) That Miss Desjardin knows he is married.
(b) That the other girls were so mean to Carrie.
(c) That Carrie's mom is unwilling to come pick up Carrie.
(d) That Carrie's mother did not explain about menstrual cycles.
5. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(d) The prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy excited?
2. Why is Carrie angry?
3. When does Carrie's father die?
4. What does Tommy tell Sue?
5. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
2. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
3. Why does Mr. Grayle tell Chris Hargensen's father she may not go to the prom and with what does Grayle threaten Chris' father?
4. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
5. What does Carrie think about Tommy's request?
6. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
7. What does Sue Snell say to Tommy about Carrie and the gym incident and how does she feel?
8. What does Chris decide after seeing the list of names for possible king and queen of the prom?
9. What is thought to be the connection between Carrie's ability and her menstrual cycle?
10. What does Billy Nolan do to prepare for prom night?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)