|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chris Hargensen with when Sue arrives?
(b) No one.
(c) Billy Nolan.
2. Why does Carrie become hysterical in gym class?
(a) She breaks her arm.
(b) She starts her menstrual cycle and doesn't know what it is.
(c) She breaks her ankle.
(d) The girls put her in a shower and blasted her with cold water.
3. What prayer does Margret recite?
(a) The Prayer of St. Francis.
(b) The 23rd psalm.
(c) The Lord's prayer.
(d) The prayer of exorcism.
4. Who does Chris call after leaving the decorating group?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Billy Nolan.
5. What do the others think Chris is whispering?
(a) A surprise decorating idea that will be really neat.
(b) Nothing good.
(c) A joke since the other girl laughs.
(d) They do not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
2. Where does Billy go?
3. What does Tommy tell Sue?
4. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
5. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Margret White yell at the neighbors and what did one do to taunt her?
2. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
3. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
4. What does Margret do when Carrie tells her she is going to the prom even though her mother had said no?
5. What is thought to be the connection between Carrie's ability and her menstrual cycle?
6. Why does Mr. Grayle tell Chris Hargensen's father she may not go to the prom and with what does Grayle threaten Chris' father?
7. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
8. What worries Sue when she is helping to decorate for the prom?
9. Where does Sue Snell run into Chris Hargensen and what happens during their encounter?
10. What does Billy Nolan do to prepare for prom night?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)