|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Carrie's abilities like?
(a) A weak muscle but one that she is able to use as if it had been there all along.
(b) A roller coaster.
(c) A raging fire.
(d) An avalanche.
2. From where does the prayer come?
3. Who is going to get an awful surprise at the prom?
(a) No one.
(b) Sue and the other girls who accepted their punishment.
(c) The teachers.
(d) The attendees.
4. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
(b) Her mother backhands her and tells her Carrie is cursed.
(c) Her mother holds her and makes over her.
(d) Her tears turn to ice as they drop on the ground.
5. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(a) Throw her a tampon.
(d) Go and get the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie's menstrual cycle initiate?
2. Why is Billy excited?
3. Where does Miss Desjardin take Carrie?
4. Who comes in and whispers to someone on the decorating committee?
5. What does Chris think is possible on prom night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue decide will make things right with Carrie?
2. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
3. What does Billy Nolan do to prepare for prom night?
4. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
5. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
6. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
7. How does Carrie practice her ability?
8. Why does Mr. Grayle tell Chris Hargensen's father she may not go to the prom and with what does Grayle threaten Chris' father?
9. Why would Margret White yell at the neighbors and what did one do to taunt her?
10. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)