|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Carrie's abilities like?
(a) A weak muscle but one that she is able to use as if it had been there all along.
(b) A raging fire.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) An avalanche.
2. What does Margret call Carrie?
(a) A demon.
(b) An ungrateful brat.
(c) The Devil's child.
(d) A fey child.
3. What does Margret tell her daughter, Carrie?
(a) She is lazy.
(b) She is now a woman.
(c) She is the best daughter she could ever wish for.
(d) She is going through a normal situation.
4. At what is Chris's dad not successful?
(a) Convincing the principal to discipline Carrie.
(b) Convincing Carrie to drop charges.
(c) Getting her into the prom.
(d) Helping her boyfriend get into the same college as Chris.
5. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
(a) Nothing; she won't mention such things.
(b) Dirty pillows.
(c) Sinful mounds.
(d) The twin peaks of hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue Snell tell Tommy Ross?
2. When Carrie's mother screams and tears out her flesh, what happens?
3. What does Carrie's mother say when she says she is going to the prom?
4. How does Sue feel about what she tells Tommy?
5. What does Carrie's menstrual cycle initiate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Sue Snell run into Chris Hargensen and what happens during their encounter?
2. What does Chris decide after seeing the list of names for possible king and queen of the prom?
3. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
4. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
5. What does Carrie do to a small boy while walking home and what does she discover about herself?
6. What does Margret do when Carrie tells her she is going to the prom even though her mother had said no?
7. How does Carrie practice her ability?
8. Why does Mr. Grayle tell Chris Hargensen's father she may not go to the prom and with what does Grayle threaten Chris' father?
9. What did Carrie's father take to work with him and where is he?
10. What does Sue think is Chris' main goal about the prom?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)