|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
(a) Her mother holds her and makes over her.
(b) Her tears turn to ice as they drop on the ground.
(c) Her mother backhands her and tells her Carrie is cursed.
2. What does Margret think about sex?
(a) It is acceptable between a man and woman.
(b) It is God's blessing to humankind.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is necessary to have children, that's the only reason.
3. Who does Chris call after leaving the decorating group?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Billy Nolan.
4. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
(a) She has not yet been accepted to college.
(b) A fairly unknown liberal arts college.
(c) A very prestigious college.
(d) A community college.
5. Why does Carrie become hysterical in gym class?
(a) The girls put her in a shower and blasted her with cold water.
(b) She breaks her arm.
(c) She breaks her ankle.
(d) She starts her menstrual cycle and doesn't know what it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy go?
2. Why would Carrie's mother yell at the neighbors?
3. What is the real reason Sue accepted her punishment?
4. Why doesn't Mr. Morton understand the situation?
5. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carrie do to a small boy while walking home and what does she discover about herself?
2. Where does the gym teacher take Carrie and what is done with her that day?
3. What is thought to be the connection between Carrie's ability and her menstrual cycle?
4. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
5. What does Margret White tell Carrie about her menstrual cycle, and what does she do? How does Carrie respond?
6. What does Billy Nolan do to prepare for prom night?
7. How does Carrie practice her ability?
8. What does Sue think is Chris' main goal about the prom?
9. Why would Margret White yell at the neighbors and what did one do to taunt her?
10. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)