|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Carrie's parents described?
(a) As atheists.
(b) As good, kind people.
(c) As religious zealots.
(d) As lukewarm Christians.
2. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
(b) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
(c) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(d) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
3. Why is Carrie alone at home?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her mother is dead.
(c) Her parents went to town.
(d) Her mother is out preaching on the street corner.
4. Who goes with Billy?
(b) A few of his friends.
(d) No one.
5. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) Shortly after Carrie is born.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) When Carrie is 14.
(d) When Carrie is 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bathroom lights?
2. What does Chris think is possible on prom night?
3. What does a little boy on a bike call Carrie as she is walking home?
4. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
5. Where does Miss Desjardin take Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Sue and the investigating committee?
2. What does Sue Snell say to Tommy about Carrie and the gym incident and how does she feel?
3. What does Sue Snell do after the prom incident?
4. What does Sue Snell realize when the gym teacher comes in? What does the teacher do?
5. What did Carrie's father take to work with him and where is he?
6. What did the State Investigatory Board of Maine conclude about the Carrie incident?
7. How did Billy Nolan use his friends with his plan for prom night?
8. What does Carrie do to the building where the prom is being held?
9. What does Billy decide while waiting for the prom queen and king to be announced?
10. How does Carrie feel about her name being on the ballot and what happens during the vote for prom court?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)