|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
(a) Dirty pillows.
(b) Sinful mounds.
(c) The twin peaks of hell.
(d) Nothing; she won't mention such things.
2. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(b) She has never liked Carrie.
(c) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
(d) To get Carrie under control.
3. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(d) The prom.
4. Why is Billy excited?
(a) He is not excited; he's angry.
(b) At the idea of giving pig's blood to a pig.
(c) At the upcoming cookout with the steak he buys.
(d) At the idea of paying back Tommy.
5. Where does Chris Hargensen want to go?
(a) To talk to the principal once more.
(b) To talk to Miss Desjarden.
(c) To apologize to Carrie in case that will get her to the prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Chris angry at Sue?
2. What else disconcerts Mr. Morton?
3. How is Carrie treated at home?
4. Why does Sue tell Chris that she accepted her punishment?
5. What happens the year Carrie is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the commission know what Tommy's motives were the night of the prom?
2. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
3. Where does Sue Snell run into Chris Hargensen and what happens during their encounter?
4. What happens in August, 1966, at the home of Margret White? Who does Margret live with? How does she treat that person?
5. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
6. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
7. What does Carrie think about Tommy's request?
8. What does Sue decide will make things right with Carrie?
9. What does Chris decide after seeing the list of names for possible king and queen of the prom?
10. What does Sue Snell realize when the gym teacher comes in? What does the teacher do?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)