|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sheriff Doyle when everything starts with Carrie?
(a) Out of town.
(b) In the State capitol.
(c) At home asleep.
(d) At the jail.
2. Why does Sue Snell think Carrie is doing so much damage?
(a) Because the kids at school hurt her so much.
(b) Because Carrie does not know how to control herself.
(c) Because Carrie is working for someone else.
(d) Because Carrie is totally psychotic.
3. What does Carrie's mother do?
(a) Plunges a knife into Carrie's back up to the hilt.
(b) Says she can no longer punish Carrie.
(c) Says she cannot understand Carrie.
(d) Holds Carrie and forgives her.
4. What can't Sue Snell do?
(a) Look at her own motives.
(b) Go to the prom.
(c) Think about Carrie and Tommy kissing.
(d) Feel hatred towards Carrie.
5. What does Carrie think her date is doing?
(a) Playing a practical joke on her.
(b) She does not know.
(c) Having second thoughts in the driveway.
(d) Taking someone else to the prom.
6. What is Carrie thinking about everything at the prom?
(a) How beautiful it is.
(b) That she wants to go home.
(c) How sinful it is.
(d) That she is bored.
7. How does Margret first know about Carrie's abilities?
(a) Carrie would put her dolls in the doll house without touching them.
(b) Her baby bottle would float above the high chair.
(c) Carrie would set the table without handling the dishes.
(d) She did not know before now.
8. Who does Billy want crowned?
(a) He wants Sue and her date to win.
(b) He wishes he and Chris were in the running.
(c) He prefers one of his football buddies.
(d) He does not care.
9. What does Carrie ask her date?
(a) How she looks.
(b) If she should get him a carnation.
(c) If he really wants to take her to the prom.
(d) If his friends were paying him to take her to the prom.
10. What does Margret hold while sitting in the living room?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bottle of holy water.
11. What does Carrie ask of her mother?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For forgiveness.
(c) For help.
(d) For punishment.
12. What is Carrie doing as she waits for her prom date?
(a) Admiring herself in the mirror.
(c) Practicing dancing.
(d) Watching the clock.
13. What does Chris ask Billy?
(a) To take her to the sheriff's office.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To take her home.
(d) To go with him.
14. What does Billy do about his friends and gloves?
(a) He tries to get them to wear gloves but they won't.
(c) He has them wear gloves.
(d) He makes sure they don't wear gloves.
15. What do Carrie and her grandmother have in common?
(a) Their looks.
(b) Their slight build.
(c) The same power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie begin killing people in the building?
2. What does God say to Carrie?
3. How does Billy think of Chris?
4. What does Carrie do to the fire hydrants?
5. What does Carrie try on while her mother watches?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)