|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie's mother do?
(a) Says she cannot understand Carrie.
(b) Holds Carrie and forgives her.
(c) Plunges a knife into Carrie's back up to the hilt.
(d) Says she can no longer punish Carrie.
2. What stops Carrie from running home to her mother?
(a) She does not want to spend the rest of her life living the way she has been.
(b) She knows her mother is going to want to move.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She has to be a big girl now.
3. What does Carrie do at gas stations that she passes?
(a) Drains all the water pipes.
(b) Turns off the pumps so no one can get gas and escape town.
(d) Explodes them.
4. What happens as Carrie walks by fire hydrants?
(b) They melt.
(c) The turn black.
(d) They explode.
5. What does Carrie ask of her mother?
(a) For punishment.
(b) For forgiveness.
(c) For understanding.
(d) For help.
6. What does Carrie do to Billy's car?
(a) Causes it to not start.
(b) Melts it.
(c) Causes it to crash.
(d) Explodes it.
7. How have Chris and Billy arranged the buckets?
(a) To spill slowly like in a horror movie.
(b) To dump and then trip the king and queen.
(c) To be right over where the king and queen will stand.
(d) They haven't arranged them yet.
8. Who does Billy want crowned?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He wants Sue and her date to win.
(c) He wishes he and Chris were in the running.
(d) He prefers one of his football buddies.
9. What do some girls ask Carrie about her dress?
(a) If it belongs to her grandmother.
(b) What thrift shop it comes from.
(c) Where she got it.
(d) No one speaks to her at all.
10. For whom is Carrie waiting?
(a) Tommy Ross.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Sue Snell.
11. Why is Chris unsure of Billy?
(a) He hits her.
(b) She can't control him.
(c) He lies.
(d) He is from a poor family.
12. What does Cora learn when she gets to the high school?
(a) That they have no word of her daughter.
(b) That her daughter is in the emergency room.
(c) That her daughter is one of the few completely unharmed.
(d) That her daughter is dead.
13. What does Margret say she should have done when Ralph had sex with her?
(a) Killed both herself and him.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Had an abortion.
(d) Refused him.
14. What does Carrie state about every woman?
(a) They just want to be loved.
(b) They want to be noticed by men.
(c) They have breasts.
(d) They want to marry and have children.
15. Where is Carrie's mother as Carrie is leaving for the prom?
(a) In the basement cutting herself.
(b) In the bathroom crying.
(c) On the phone to the preacher.
(d) In her worship center praying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie think her date is doing?
2. Why do the sprinklers come on?
3. What does Carrie sense?
4. Who stops Margret the first time she tries to kill Carrie?
5. What does Billy do about his friends and gloves?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)