|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie do when people around her start burning?
(a) She tries to put them out.
(c) She tries to make the fire hotter so they don't suffer long.
(d) She smiles and walks on.
2. What does Carrie know as she is walking home?
(a) Her mother is waiting to kill her.
(b) Her mother has fled town.
(c) Her mother has killed herself.
(d) She is not sure what she will find at home.
3. What does Carrie believe after being splattered?
(a) That her mother is right.
(b) That the blood belongs to humans.
(c) That Tommy must have died instantly.
(d) That her being at the prom was a cruel joke.
4. How does Margret first know about Carrie's abilities?
(a) She did not know before now.
(b) Carrie would put her dolls in the doll house without touching them.
(c) Carrie would set the table without handling the dishes.
(d) Her baby bottle would float above the high chair.
5. What do Carrie and her grandmother have in common?
(a) The same power.
(c) Their slight build.
(d) Their looks.
6. What does Sue Snell tell Sheriff Doyle?
(a) She can't find the Sheriff.
(b) That she thinks it is Carrie doing all this.
(c) That Chris and Billy are responsible and they are leaving town right then.
(d) That Chris and Billy killed Tommy.
7. What does Carrie refuse to do?
(a) Let her mother come with her to the prom.
(b) Raise the neckline on her dress.
(c) Skip the prom.
(d) Change her bra.
8. What is Carrie doing as she waits for her prom date?
(a) Practicing dancing.
(b) Admiring herself in the mirror.
(c) Watching the clock.
9. What does Carrie state about every woman?
(a) They just want to be loved.
(b) They want to marry and have children.
(c) They want to be noticed by men.
(d) They have breasts.
10. What is the path of destruction that Carrie walks?
(a) A path from school to Sue Snell's house.
(b) A path from school to Billy's house.
(c) A path from school to home.
(d) A path from school to Chris's house.
11. What has Chris arranged?
(a) That she will leave town right after the crowning.
(b) To sneak backstage.
(c) That Billy will be blamed for the incident.
(d) For all her friends to vote for Tommy and Carrie.
12. Where does Carrie stop as she is walking through Chamberlain?
(b) An empty building.
(c) A church to pray.
(d) A grocery store.
13. Who does Billy want crowned?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He prefers one of his football buddies.
(c) He wants Sue and her date to win.
(d) He wishes he and Chris were in the running.
14. What is Margret doing back at Carrie's home?
(a) Still praying.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) Waiting for Carrie.
15. What does Margret think is wrong with her a few weeks after having sex?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She is pregnant.
(d) She is being punished for having sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora want to know?
2. What is the first thing Carrie does when she returns to the prom?
3. What does Carrie do to the fire hydrants?
4. What is the White Commission Report?
5. What does Carrie think her date is doing?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)