|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Cora Simard?
(a) A woman who survives the attack outside a church.
(b) Carrie's neighbor.
(c) Carrie's favorite teacher.
(d) Carrie's mother's only friend.
2. How does Carrie begin killing people in the building?
(a) Throwing them against the walls.
(b) Toppling beams on to them.
(c) Electrical shock.
3. What does Carrie do when she sees people as she is walking?
(b) Warns them away.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Blows them away so she won't harm them.
4. What does Carrie ask of her mother?
(a) For help.
(b) For punishment.
(c) For understanding.
(d) For forgiveness.
5. For whom is Carrie waiting?
(a) Sue Snell.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Tommy Ross.
6. What does Carrie think her date is doing?
(a) Taking someone else to the prom.
(b) She does not know.
(c) Having second thoughts in the driveway.
(d) Playing a practical joke on her.
7. How have Chris and Billy arranged the buckets?
(a) To dump and then trip the king and queen.
(b) They haven't arranged them yet.
(c) To be right over where the king and queen will stand.
(d) To spill slowly like in a horror movie.
8. What is the path of destruction that Carrie walks?
(a) A path from school to Chris's house.
(b) A path from school to Billy's house.
(c) A path from school to home.
(d) A path from school to Sue Snell's house.
9. How does Carrie feel when her date arrives?
10. What does Billy do about his friends and gloves?
(a) He tries to get them to wear gloves but they won't.
(b) He has them wear gloves.
(d) He makes sure they don't wear gloves.
11. How does Margret first know about Carrie's abilities?
(a) She did not know before now.
(b) Carrie would put her dolls in the doll house without touching them.
(c) Her baby bottle would float above the high chair.
(d) Carrie would set the table without handling the dishes.
12. What does Carrie ask her date?
(a) If he really wants to take her to the prom.
(b) If she should get him a carnation.
(c) How she looks.
(d) If his friends were paying him to take her to the prom.
13. What does Carrie do at gas stations that she passes?
(a) Turns off the pumps so no one can get gas and escape town.
(c) Drains all the water pipes.
(d) Explodes them.
14. What stops Carrie from running home to her mother?
(a) She does not want to spend the rest of her life living the way she has been.
(b) She knows her mother is going to want to move.
(c) She has to be a big girl now.
(d) She is scared.
15. What is Carrie thinking about everything at the prom?
(a) That she is bored.
(b) That she wants to go home.
(c) How sinful it is.
(d) How beautiful it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carrie and her grandmother have in common?
2. What can't Sue Snell do?
3. Where is Sheriff Doyle when everything starts with Carrie?
4. Where is Carrie's mother as Carrie is leaving for the prom?
5. Who is one of the few who dies quickly and does not suffer?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)