|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
2. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At night.
(c) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(d) During the day.
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He verbally and physically abused her.
(b) He was quiet and sad.
(c) He was sorry it ended.
(d) He didn't care.
4. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
(b) A bowl of oil.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A candle.
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Get him to play tea party.
(b) Molest him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Get him in trouble with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
2. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
3. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
4. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
5. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)