|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
2. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He made too many errors in his work.
(b) He was caught drinking on the job.
(c) He threatened his coworkers.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
3. Who is Mrs. Mink?
(a) Yussie's mother.
(b) Leo's mother.
(c) David's teacher.
(d) Luter's fiancee.
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(b) Yussie kicks him first.
(c) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(d) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
5. Where is Luter from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
2. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
3. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
5. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)