|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert criticizes David.
(b) Albert ignores David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) The entire wagon.
(b) Two bottles.
(c) One case.
(d) Ten bottles.
3. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
(a) A cat.
(b) A boy flying a kite.
(c) The canary.
(d) A beautiful girl.
4. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
(d) The rabbis.
5. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A goy church organist.
(b) A rich Jewish man.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A Buddhist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
2. When David runs into a group of boys, what do they plan to drop on the trolley rail?
3. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
4. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)