|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was David born?
2. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A vase.
(b) A picture.
(c) A coffee maker.
(d) A tea pot.
3. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A street cleaner.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A mail man.
4. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) Bertha's candy store.
(c) The cellar.
(d) His room.
5. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(b) The neighborhood.
(d) In stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
2. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
3. Why did Genya marry Albert?
4. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
5. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)