1. What year is it when the book begins?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(c) There is a bombing.
(d) The President gives a historic speech there.
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(a) David's grandmother.
5. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
6. Where was David born?
7. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A young man.
(d) A toddler.
8. What faith is the Schearl family?
9. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert criticizes David.
(b) Albert ignores David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
This section contains 3,983 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)