|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
(a) If she loves Caleb.
(b) For Bethia to marry him.
(c) If she loves Noah.
(d) If she wants to go back to the island.
2. About what is Caleb troubled?
(a) The lack of justice in Anne's case.
(b) That natives are treated as inferiors.
(c) Bethia still being at the school.
(d) Anne still being at the school.
3. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
(a) She thinks of him as more than a brother.
(b) He will never truly adopt the white man's ways.
(c) He should have a native Indian wife.
(d) He has moved beyond her.
4. What position is it likely Joel will hold at graduation?
(c) Distinguished graduate.
5. What does Makepeace threaten to tell their grandfather?
(a) Of Bethia's behavior.
(b) Caleb lusts for Bethia.
(c) Behia is more native than Caleb is.
(d) Caleb has cursed their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
2. To whom is one of the students related?
3. What does Bethia say about Caleb at commencement?
4. Who is nervous and frightened?
5. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
2. What is Smauel Corlett like?
3. Why is Bethia relieved when they board a vesself for Cambridge, and how is her first day there?
4. How does Bethia help Caleb die with peace and dignity?
5. What does Bethia say about Caleb and Joel regarding their studies?
6. Why are arrangements made for Joel to return to Cambridge before the others from the island?
7. What does Bethia say about the change in attitude towards Caleb and Joel by the other students?
8. What does Mayfield's will say about further schooling for Joel, Caleb and Makepeace and how does that affect Bethia?
9. What is surprising about Mayfield's will?
10. Why is Caleb still disturbed about the situation with Anne and what does he do?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)