|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
(a) An agreement from Joel and Caleb.
(b) Bethia as an indentured servant.
(c) There are no strings attached.
(d) All of Pastor Mayfield's library.
2. What does Caleb sing?
(a) The death song Bethia teaches him.
(b) A song of praise to the sun.
(c) A song of despair.
(d) A song of hope.
3. Who eventually becomes Caleb and Joel's tutor?
(d) No one.
4. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
(a) Her grandfather.
(d) Her best friend.
5. Whom does Anne marry?
(b) Caleb's brother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
2. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
3. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
4. With whom does Bethia talk about Samuel and Noah?
5. What happens in the early part of Bethia's one year at Harvard College?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)