|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joel on his way back to Cambridge?
(b) His boat is swamped and he is killed by angry natives..
(c) He is waylaid by pirates.
(d) He is swimming when the boat is anchored and is killed by a shark.
2. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
(a) Offer to marry Anne.
(b) Ask Anne her opinion.
(c) Challenge the father of the baby to a duel.
3. About what is Caleb troubled?
(a) That natives are treated as inferiors.
(b) The lack of justice in Anne's case.
(c) Anne still being at the school.
(d) Bethia still being at the school.
4. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(a) The Latin teacher.
(c) The head housekeeper.
(d) The minister.
5. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
(a) Teach astronomy.
(b) Work as a tutor.
(c) Teach law.
(d) Be a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never mentioned in commencement?
2. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
3. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
4. Who is nervous and frightened?
5. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)