|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
(a) He wants a wife with whom he could talk intellectually.
(b) He believes woman are equal to men.
(c) He believes woman are inferior to men.
(d) He loves another woman.
2. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
(a) No one.
(b) Bethia's grandfather.
3. What does Bethia choose not to fear?
(a) If her father will love her if she is in hell.
(b) Whether she or Samuel will die first.
(c) If her mother will be waiting for her and condemn her.
(d) What she cannot know.
4. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
(a) Go back to the island.
(b) Give him three months to convince her to marry him.
(c) Reconsider marriage with him.
(d) Find her own heart.
5. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
(a) She has to come back and work for one year.
(c) She has to marry within a month.
(d) She has to confess the name of the father of the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia feel the need to do?
2. What future does Tequamuck see for his people?
3. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
4. With whom does Bethia talk about Samuel and Noah?
5. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)