|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What future does Tequamuck see for his people?
(c) He cannot see the future; it is all fog.
(d) They will continue as a strong nation.
2. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
(a) Says she will marry him no matter what.
(c) Runs after her and kisses her.
(d) Yells that he withdraws his offer of marriage.
3. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
(a) A kiln.
(b) A memorial to Mayfield.
(c) A fort.
(d) A totem.
4. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
(a) Tequamuck is not there trying to disrupt their journey.
(b) She is glad she patched things up with Makepeace.
(c) She is glad she'll still be near Caleb.
(d) She feels she may as well get her indentured time over.
5. What happens to Joel on his way back to Cambridge?
(b) He is waylaid by pirates.
(c) He is swimming when the boat is anchored and is killed by a shark.
(d) His boat is swamped and he is killed by angry natives..
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia want to do?
2. What is triggered by the inlaid box in Bethia's possession?
3. Why do Samuel and Bethia return to Cambridge?
4. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
5. Why does Bethia go back to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
2. What does Bethia say about the change in attitude towards Caleb and Joel by the other students?
3. What does Bethia say about Caleb and Joel regarding their studies?
4. Describe a little about Anne's life.
5. What is Smauel Corlett like?
6. What does Bethia say about her marriage to Samuel and their trip to Italy?
7. Why are arrangements made for Joel to return to Cambridge before the others from the island?
8. What is the time frame when Chapter 1 of this section opens and why is Bethia writing again?
9. What does Mayfield's will say about further schooling for Joel, Caleb and Makepeace and how does that affect Bethia?
10. How does Bethia help Caleb die with peace and dignity?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)