|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel want Bethia to discontinue doing?
(a) Studying so much.
(b) Seeing Noah.
(c) Working in the kitchen.
(d) Defending the natives.
2. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. What position is it likely Joel will hold at graduation?
(a) Distinguished graduate.
4. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
(a) To start preaching on Sundays.
(b) To continue the work with the natives.
(c) To buy out Bethia's indentureship.
(d) To run the Mayfield farm.
5. About what is Makepeace jealous?
(a) Their father loved Bethia more than Makepeace.
(b) Their mother loved Bethia more than Makepeace.
(c) Bethia and Caleb's success at learning.
(d) Other men his age have gone off to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
2. What future does Tequamuck see for his people?
3. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
4. When did Anne's parents die?
5. What does Bethia believe she feels for Caleb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
2. Why is Caleb still disturbed about the situation with Anne and what does he do?
3. What is the time frame when Chapter 1 of this section opens and why is Bethia writing again?
4. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
5. What does Bethia say about Caleb and Joel regarding their studies?
6. What does Bethia say to Corlett about applying for a position at another school and what is his response?
7. What is Smauel Corlett like?
8. What happens to Joel on his way to the mainland?
9. What is surprising about Mayfield's will?
10. Why does Bethia tell Caleb to stop calling her Storm Eyes?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)