|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Bethia in the first chapter of this section?
(a) Her health is failing.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She is ostracized from the community.
(d) She is still robust and well.
2. How does Bethia realize what Caleb is doing?
(a) She sees him in the chapel for hours.
(b) She sees him coming back late at night.
(c) She sees him arguing with Corlett.
(d) She sees him go out with a blackened face.
3. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
(a) Says she will marry him no matter what.
(b) Yells that he withdraws his offer of marriage.
(d) Runs after her and kisses her.
4. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
(a) There are no strings attached.
(b) Bethia as an indentured servant.
(c) An agreement from Joel and Caleb.
(d) All of Pastor Mayfield's library.
5. Why do Samuel and Bethia return to Cambridge?
(a) For the commencement.
(b) To take Anne to be with Caleb.
(c) To help Sammuel's dying father.
(d) To take Caleb news from the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What future does Tequamuck see for his people?
2. Who dies unexpectedly?
3. What is never mentioned in commencement?
4. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
5. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)