|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
(a) Tequamuck is not there trying to disrupt their journey.
(b) She feels she may as well get her indentured time over.
(c) She is glad she patched things up with Makepeace.
(d) She is glad she'll still be near Caleb.
2. Who does Bethia welcome herself?
(a) A new cook.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) A young native woman named Anne.
(d) A kitchen scullery boy.
3. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
(a) Challenge the father of the baby to a duel.
(b) Offer to marry Anne.
(d) Ask Anne her opinion.
4. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
(a) How to catch a rabbit.
(b) Standing up to Corlett.
(c) Standing up to her brother.
(d) Sorting out her feelings about her suitors.
5. What physical pain must Bethia endure?
(a) From writing.
(b) From walking up the staris.
(c) From bending over her garden.
(d) From kneeling in her garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is one of the students related?
2. How do Bethia's writings seem to her now?
3. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
4. What does Bethia say about Caleb at commencement?
5. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mayfield's will say about further schooling for Joel, Caleb and Makepeace and how does that affect Bethia?
2. Why is Caleb still disturbed about the situation with Anne and what does he do?
3. What does Bethia do in order to help Caleb when he is dying?
4. Why do Caleb, Joel and Bethia believe they need to get Ann to the island?
5. Why is Samuel's marriage proposal to Bethia interrupted, and what how does Bethia handle the situation.
6. Why is Bethia relieved when they board a vesself for Cambridge, and how is her first day there?
7. Why does Bethia tell Caleb to stop calling her Storm Eyes?
8. How has Makepeace arranged to buy Bethia out of her indenture?
9. What happens to Joel on his way to the mainland?
10. What is Smauel Corlett like?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)