|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
(a) Go to pray for their father at the church.
(b) Help with the fort.
(c) Visit the memorial.
(d) Help cut wood for the kiln.
2. Whom does Anne marry?
(b) No one.
(d) Caleb's brother.
3. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her best friend.
4. What is never mentioned in commencement?
(b) Joel's name or anything about him.
(c) Bethia's hard work.
(d) Sammuel's tutoring.
5. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
(a) Early hours.
(b) Bed lice.
(c) Chapped hands.
(d) Arrogant students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
2. Who is nervous and frightened?
3. What does Bethia say about Caleb at commencement?
4. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
5. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a couple things Bethia does during her first days at the school?
2. What does Bethia say about Caleb and Joel regarding their studies?
3. What happens to Joel on his way to the mainland?
4. Describe a little about Anne's life.
5. What does Bethia say about her marriage to Samuel and their trip to Italy?
6. Why is Samuel's marriage proposal to Bethia interrupted, and what how does Bethia handle the situation.
7. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
8. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
9. Why are arrangements made for Joel to return to Cambridge before the others from the island?
10. Why do Caleb, Joel and Bethia believe they need to get Ann to the island?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)