|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia sad?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) Caleb stays in Cambridge.
(c) Makepeace is not happy with her marrying Samuel.
(d) Her father is not here to meet Samuel.
2. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
3. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
(a) To the library.
(b) To a secret glade in the woods.
(c) To a fair.
(d) To the church.
4. To whom is one of the students related?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Aphra Behn.
(d) Anne Bradstreet.
5. Who is nervous and frightened?
(c) The new cook.
(d) The puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
2. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
3. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
4. Who dies unexpectedly?
5. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mayfield's will say about further schooling for Joel, Caleb and Makepeace and how does that affect Bethia?
2. Why is Caleb still disturbed about the situation with Anne and what does he do?
3. What does Bethia do in order to help Caleb when he is dying?
4. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
5. What does Bethia say about the change in attitude towards Caleb and Joel by the other students?
6. What is the time frame when Chapter 1 of this section opens and why is Bethia writing again?
7. Why do Caleb, Joel and Bethia believe they need to get Ann to the island?
8. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
9. What does Bethia say to Corlett about applying for a position at another school and what is his response?
10. What does Bethia say about her marriage to Samuel and their trip to Italy?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)