|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is triggered by the inlaid box in Bethia's possession?
(a) Bethia's memories.
(b) Bethia's grief over Caleb's death.
(c) Bethia's grief over her mother's death.
(d) A reminder to start the Christmas dinner.
2. About what is Caleb troubled?
(a) That natives are treated as inferiors.
(b) Bethia still being at the school.
(c) The lack of justice in Anne's case.
(d) Anne still being at the school.
3. What position is it likely Joel will hold at graduation?
(d) Distinguished graduate.
4. Why does Bethia take on a position as housekeeper in another college?
(a) To get away from Samuel.
(b) To be able to hear the lectures.
(c) To see if there are any other young men that interest her.
(d) To get away from Corlett.
5. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
(a) To a fair.
(b) To the library.
(c) To a secret glade in the woods.
(d) To the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say about Caleb at commencement?
2. Why does Bethia go back to the island?
3. What does Samuel want Bethia to discontinue doing?
4. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
5. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Caleb and Joel do on their entrance exams?
2. Why is Samuel's marriage proposal to Bethia interrupted, and what how does Bethia handle the situation.
3. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
4. Why does Bethia tell Caleb to stop calling her Storm Eyes?
5. How has Makepeace arranged to buy Bethia out of her indenture?
6. How does Bethia help Caleb die with peace and dignity?
7. What does Mayfield's will say about further schooling for Joel, Caleb and Makepeace and how does that affect Bethia?
8. Why is Caleb still disturbed about the situation with Anne and what does he do?
9. What does Bethia say about Caleb and Joel regarding their studies?
10. What is the time frame when Chapter 1 of this section opens and why is Bethia writing again?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)