|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
(a) She has to marry within a month.
(b) She has to come back and work for one year.
(c) She has to confess the name of the father of the child.
2. What happens in the early part of Bethia's one year at Harvard College?
(a) She comes to realize that she and Caleb cannot marry.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) Caleb and Joel are first shunned then welcomed.
(d) She is accosted by one of the last-year students.
3. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(b) The head housekeeper.
(c) The minister.
(d) The Latin teacher.
4. Who dies unexpectedly?
(a) The married son of the governor.
(b) The governor.
(c) The youngest, unmarried son of the governor.
(d) The wife of the governor.
5. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
(a) Teach astronomy.
(b) Teach law.
(c) Be a student.
(d) Work as a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
2. What does Makepeace believe about Solace?
3. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
4. To whom is one of the students related?
5. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)