|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
(a) At age 10.
(b) At age 12.
(c) At age 15.
(d) At birth.
2. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
(a) Makepeace is ill.
(b) Solace is missing.
(c) Caleb is standing behind her.
(d) There is a rattler in the kitchen.
3. When did Bethia's mother die?
(b) When Bethia is born.
(c) When Caleb is born.
(d) Three years earlier.
4. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) About having Caleb in the house when Bethia is so young.
(b) Makepeace wants to marry someone his father does not want him to marry.
(c) Makepeace wants to go back to England to college.
(d) Makepeace wants to start his family.
5. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(b) Makepeace should go with their father.
(c) Caleb should stay for lunch.
(d) Noah should escort her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
2. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
3. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
4. Who is Noah Merry?
5. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bethia listening to as she lies in her bed?
2. What happens when Bethia returns to where the Wampanoag are dancing?
3. When and how does Bethia's father introduce Caleb to the White settlement?
4. What does Bethia's say is her current situation when this section opens and why is she going to continue writing?
5. What does Caleb think of Bethia's name and how does he express his feelings about it?
6. Who establishes the colony where Bethia lives and whom does Bethia feel has been wronged?
7. Describe the effect of Bethia's father's preaching on the Wampanoag.
8. How does Mayfield act in the aftermath of Solace's death?
9. Why does Caleb say he and Bethia can no longer be friends?
10. What does Bethia say about the influence of Cambridge on Caleb?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)