|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
2. Who is Caleb?
(a) A native American young man.
(b) Bethia's oldest brother.
(c) The Mayfield groom.
(d) The preacher.
3. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) Having her life choices made for her.
(b) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(c) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(d) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
4. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
(a) Pastor Mayfield.
5. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
(a) Tell the story of her past.
(b) Avoid marriage.
(c) Watch over her younger sister.
(d) Plead for the rights of the native population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb do for Solace?
2. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
3. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
4. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
5. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bethia say is the reason for the tension between her father and Makepeace, and why is it strange that they are upset with each other?
2. How does Caleb explain his early morning greeting to the sun god?
3. Where do Bethia's father and grandfather invite Bethia along and what is the purpose of their visit?
4. What is Bethia's hope about the time Mayfield will use in converting the native Indians?
5. How does Bethia feel about Solace?
6. What happens when Bethia returns to where the Wampanoag are dancing?
7. Who establishes the colony where Bethia lives and whom does Bethia feel has been wronged?
8. What does Bethia say about her two brothers and what her father says about females?
9. What does Bethia say about Caleb's progress with the English language?
10. What is Bethia's father's dealings with the Wampanoag, and how does Bethia learn their language?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)