|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
(c) Pastor Mayfield.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) Relief that the whale gets away.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(d) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
3. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) No one.
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Meet with the Merry family.
(b) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(c) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(d) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
5. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering mushrooms.
(b) Searching for firewood.
(c) Gathering herbs.
(d) She is lost in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
2. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
3. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
4. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
5. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bethia's father's dealings with the Wampanoag, and how does Bethia learn their language?
2. What does Bethia do that she attributes to Satan's influence and what are the consequences?
3. What does Bethia say about the influence of Cambridge on Caleb?
4. What frustrates Bethia about her life and choices available to her?
5. What are Bethia's father's plans for Caleb?
6. Describe the effect of Bethia's father's preaching on the Wampanoag.
7. What does Noah show Bethia the next morning and what is her reaction?
8. What is Bethia listening to as she lies in her bed?
9. How does Bethia feel about Solace?
10. Where do Bethia's father and grandfather invite Bethia along and what is the purpose of their visit?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)