|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her brother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
2. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) With fear.
(b) As if the book is blasphemous.
(c) With digust.
3. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
(a) Search for Solace.
(c) Tell her Solace is her responsibility
(d) Reassure Bethia.
4. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
5. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
(c) Pastor Mayfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
2. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
3. Where is Solace found?
4. What happens to Caleb when Noah comes around?
5. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bethia come to believe she needs to watch her father preach?
2. What is Bethia's father's dealings with the Wampanoag, and how does Bethia learn their language?
3. Who establishes the colony where Bethia lives and whom does Bethia feel has been wronged?
4. When and how does Bethia's father introduce Caleb to the White settlement?
5. What does Tequamuck do as Mayfield prepares to leave for England, and what do some believe is the result of Tequamuck's actions?
6. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach and how does Bethia feel about the situation?
7. Why does Caleb say he and Bethia can no longer be friends?
8. What is Bethia listening to as she lies in her bed?
9. Why does Bethia work so hard on her chores?
10. What happens that evening after Caleb ends his friendship with Bethia that makes Bethia believe she contributes to her mother's death?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)