Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia say about Caleb at commencement?
(a) He seems ill at ease.
(b) He is very dignified.
(c) He seems detached.
(d) He seems right at home.
2. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
(a) If their father would want Makepeace to go to England.
(b) How changed Caleb really is.
(c) Whether their father would want Bethia to still marry Noah.
(d) Whether their father would want Bethia to still marry John Smith.
3. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
(a) Reconsider marriage with him.
(b) Give him three months to convince her to marry him.
(c) Go back to the island.
(d) Find her own heart.
4. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
(a) She has to come back and work for one year.
(c) She has to marry within a month.
(d) She has to confess the name of the father of the child.
5. With whom does Caleb take his entrance exams?
(a) A committee.
(b) No one as he is not yet ready to do so.
(c) President Chauncy.
6. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
(a) The pain of hell.
(b) The pain of Samuel dying.
(c) The pain of her daughter dying.
(d) The pain of answering to God for her sins.
7. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
(a) He wants a wife with whom he could talk intellectually.
(b) He believes woman are inferior to men.
(c) He believes woman are equal to men.
(d) He loves another woman.
8. How does Caleb take the news Bethia brings?
(a) He sobs for a long time.
(b) He does not want to hear the details.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He is outraged and decides to return home.
9. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
(a) She is glad she patched things up with Makepeace.
(b) She is glad she'll still be near Caleb.
(c) Tequamuck is not there trying to disrupt their journey.
(d) She feels she may as well get her indentured time over.
10. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
(a) How to catch a rabbit.
(b) Sorting out her feelings about her suitors.
(c) Standing up to her brother.
(d) Standing up to Corlett.
11. What future does Tequamuck see for his people?
(b) They will continue as a strong nation.
(c) He cannot see the future; it is all fog.
12. What does Bethia want to do?
(a) Marry Noah.
(b) Go back to the island and not marry.
(c) Marry Caleb.
(d) Both return to the island and have an intellectual life of books.
13. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
(a) Escape back to the island.
(b) Drop out of school for a while.
(c) Marry Caleb.
(d) Marry Joel.
14. Where is Bethia to sleep at Corlett's?
(a) On a rough bed in the kitchen.
(b) In a small hut outside.
(c) In the servant's room in the attic.
(d) In the hayloft.
15. What does Makepeace think is the cause of his father's death?
(a) God's will.
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
2. What is revealed about Bethia in the first chapter of this section?
3. Why does Bethia go back to the island?
4. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
5. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)