|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(b) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(c) There has never been a beached whale before.
(d) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
2. Whom does Anne marry?
(a) Caleb's brother.
(d) No one.
3. About what is Caleb troubled?
(a) That natives are treated as inferiors.
(b) Anne still being at the school.
(c) Bethia still being at the school.
(d) The lack of justice in Anne's case.
4. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
(a) Pastor Mayfield.
5. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
(b) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
(c) Most of the White men do not swim.
(d) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
2. What does Caleb sing?
3. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
4. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
5. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)