|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
(a) Early hours.
(b) Bed lice.
(c) Arrogant students.
(d) Chapped hands.
2. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love of the island.
(b) Love for the preacher's boy.
(c) Love for her brother.
(d) Love for her dog.
3. What is Caleb doing when Bethia finds him alone after commencement?
(a) Coughing droplets of blood into his hankerchief.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Staring off into the distance.
(d) Painting his face.
4. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(b) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(c) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(d) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
5. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
(a) She thinks the rights of the Native population are being denied.
(b) In order to understand herself better.
(c) So she can remain independent.
(d) Her younger sister is a little bit of an hysteric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
2. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
3. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
4. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
5. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)