|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Anne's parents die?
(a) When she is a child.
(b) Just recently on a boat that sinks.
(c) When Anne is fifteen.
(d) They are not dead.
2. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
(c) No one.
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(b) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(c) Her baby sister's habits.
(d) Her current situation.
4. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
(a) His speaking of his own language.
(b) The exile of the Jews.
(c) That Caleb is smarter than most white men.
(d) That all men desire power over women.
5. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
(a) Bed lice.
(b) Arrogant students.
(c) Early hours.
(d) Chapped hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caleb doing when Bethia finds him alone after commencement?
2. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
3. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
4. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
5. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)