|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
(a) Strange one.
(b) Hateful one.
(c) Enlightened one.
(d) Wise one.
2. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
(a) How to catch a rabbit.
(b) Standing up to her brother.
(c) Standing up to Corlett.
(d) Sorting out her feelings about her suitors.
3. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(b) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
(c) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(d) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
4. Why does Bethia go back to the island?
(a) To see her brother's new child.
(b) To ask Tequamuck's help.
(c) To get Anne.
(d) To get the rest of her books.
5. Who is John Harvard?
(a) The mathematics professor.
(b) The man who endowed the library.
(c) The classics professor.
(d) The Latin and Greek professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
2. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
3. Who is Tequamuck?
4. What position is it likely Joel will hold at graduation?
5. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)