|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(b) Having her life choices made for her.
(c) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(d) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
2. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(a) The Latin teacher.
(b) The minister.
(d) The head housekeeper.
3. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to protect their rights.
(b) Converting them to Christianity.
(c) Teaching them to read and write.
(d) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
4. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(b) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(c) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
(d) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
5. What does Bethia discover about the well?
(a) It's collapsed.
(c) It's gone dry.
(d) It's been contaminated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia want to do?
2. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
3. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
4. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
5. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)