|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(a) The Latin teacher.
(b) The head housekeeper.
(d) The minister.
2. What does Caleb call Bethia in private?
(a) Sweet One.
(c) Storm Eyes.
3. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(b) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(c) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(d) She can never learn too much.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(c) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(d) She believes her cousin will get well.
5. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Find her father.
(b) Harvest some beans.
(c) Return a book she had borrowed.
(d) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia want to do?
2. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
3. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
4. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
5. What is triggered by the inlaid box in Bethia's possession?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)