|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Bright one.
(b) Lovely one.
(c) Wise one.
2. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(a) A feeling of euphoria.
(b) Severe anxiety.
(c) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
3. What is Caleb doing when Bethia finds him alone after commencement?
(a) Coughing droplets of blood into his hankerchief.
(b) Painting his face.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Staring off into the distance.
4. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love of the island.
(b) Love for her dog.
(c) Love for the preacher's boy.
(d) Love for her brother.
5. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not know why she is so tired.
(b) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(c) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(d) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
2. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
3. What does Makepeace think is the cause of his father's death?
4. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
5. What does Bethia say she often does?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)