|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Lovely one.
(b) Wise one.
(c) Bright one.
2. What does Bethia choose not to fear?
(a) If her mother will be waiting for her and condemn her.
(b) If her father will love her if she is in hell.
(c) Whether she or Samuel will die first.
(d) What she cannot know.
3. What pain does Bethia believe waits for her?
(a) The pain of hell.
(b) The pain of Samuel dying.
(c) The pain of answering to God for her sins.
(d) The pain of her daughter dying.
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(d) He will never marry.
5. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
(a) She feels superior to him.
(b) She feels Caleb is better than Makepeace.
(c) She feels Caleb should go back to his tribe.
(d) She lusts for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Solace found?
2. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
3. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
4. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
5. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)