|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About marriage to Bethia.
(b) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(c) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(d) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
2. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
(b) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(c) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(d) Thank Mayfield.
3. What does Caleb sing?
(a) A song of praise to the sun.
(b) The death song Bethia teaches him.
(c) A song of despair.
(d) A song of hope.
4. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
(a) Ask Anne her opinion.
(b) Challenge the father of the baby to a duel.
(d) Offer to marry Anne.
5. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To raise funds for his work.
(b) To bring back some more colonists.
(c) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
(d) To receive knighthood from the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
2. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
4. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
5. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)