|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
(a) Prepares some beans.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking in church.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. What is triggered by the inlaid box in Bethia's possession?
(a) Bethia's memories.
(b) A reminder to start the Christmas dinner.
(c) Bethia's grief over her mother's death.
(d) Bethia's grief over Caleb's death.
4. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) The housekeeper is ill.
(b) The housekeeper died.
(c) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(d) She likes to stay busy.
5. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
(a) He will help convert the rest of his people.
(b) He can get in to a university.
(c) He will want to marry Bethia.
(d) He has no plans or hopes for Caleb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb take the news Bethia brings?
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
3. What does Makepeace think is the cause of his father's death?
4. With whom does Caleb take his entrance exams?
5. What does Makepeace threaten to tell their grandfather?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)