|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(b) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(c) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
(d) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
2. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
3. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
(b) Bethia's brother.
(c) No one.
4. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother did not fear death.
(b) Her mother wanted to die.
(c) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(d) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
5. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
(a) She has not been given a choice.
(b) She thinks Noah's sister is the wrong person for her brother.
(c) She thinks her father is being premature.
(d) She knows the Wampanoag girl and thinks Noah will hurt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
3. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
4. Why is Bethia sad?
5. What is wrong with Anne?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)