|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(b) The head housekeeper.
(c) The minister.
(d) The Latin teacher.
2. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
(a) Give her a moment to thank God for the day.
(b) Foretell the tragedy that is to come.
(c) Give her time to herself.
(d) Lift her spirits.
3. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(b) Teaches her about horses.
(c) Shows her how to swim.
(d) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
4. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
(a) As a good friend.
(b) As being deceived.
(c) More and more like a white man.
(d) As a stranger.
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To help strip the whale carcass.
(d) To launder her outer things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
2. How does Caleb take the news Bethia brings?
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
4. What does Caleb sing?
5. What is never mentioned in commencement?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)