|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) As Elder Mother.
(b) As Grandmother.
(c) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(d) In the Wampanoag language.
2. When did Anne's parents die?
(a) When she is a child.
(b) They are not dead.
(c) Just recently on a boat that sinks.
(d) When Anne is fifteen.
3. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
(b) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
(c) She is tired.
(d) The weather is beautiful.
4. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If his ordeal was God's will.
(b) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(c) Why he even speaks to her.
(d) If he would ever become a Christian.
5. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(b) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(c) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(d) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually becomes Caleb and Joel's tutor?
2. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
3. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia in private?
5. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)