|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia feel responsible for her mother's death?
(a) Because she argued with her mother not long before she died.
(b) For not praying for her mother enough.
(c) For having drunk out of the gourd.
(d) Because her brother suggets that Bethia did something wrong.
2. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Smash it in a ceremony.
(b) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(c) Pour water from it as an offering.
3. What does Bethia feel the need to do?
(a) Write a poem about Samuel.
(b) Write a poem about Caleb.
(c) Write one last time.
(d) Gain forgiveness from God.
4. What does Samuel want Bethia to discontinue doing?
(a) Working in the kitchen.
(b) Seeing Noah.
(c) Defending the natives.
(d) Studying so much.
5. What is wrong with Anne?
(a) She is having a miscarriage.
(b) She has smallpox.
(c) She was beaten by one of the male students.
(d) She broke her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
2. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
3. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
4. What does Makepeace think is the cause of his father's death?
5. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)