|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Pour water from it as an offering.
(c) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(d) Smash it in a ceremony.
2. What tradition does Caleb refuse to obey?
(a) The younger boys serving the older ones.
(b) Living in the wilderness for a month.
(c) Cutting one's hair short the first year.
(d) Jumping from a high tower into the river.
3. What does Noah do the next morning?
(a) Ask Bethia if she likes Caleb.
(b) Show Bethia the farm.
(c) Break his leg in a fall off a horse.
(d) Go with Bethia to meet Caleb.
4. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Searching for firewood.
(b) She is lost in the woods.
(c) Gathering mushrooms.
(d) Gathering herbs.
5. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
(d) Makepeace or her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
2. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
3. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
4. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
5. What does Bethia discover about the well?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)